Tuiskukuru Reservable Wilderness Hut
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or by e-mail ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi. Terms of reservation for the Tuiskukuru reservable hut. See where to pick up the keys.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Sodankylä, Urho Kekkonen National Park.
Tuiskukuru, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 12.7916' lon: 27° 50.6203' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7566872 E: 534943.
- The wilderness hut is situated at the south-east end of Tuiskukuru Ravine at the headwaters of River Tuiskujoki.
- Suitable for overnight stays for hikers and groups with good navigation skills. The hut is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails.
- The closest huts are the Suomunruoktu open and reservable wilderness hut, the Lankojärvi open and reservable wilderness hut, the Luirojärvi open and reservable wilderness hut, the Kuusela rental hut, the Rajankämppä open wilderness hut, and Karapulju open wilderness hut.
- You can get to the hut on foot or by skis from several starting points (pdf 659kt). The distance from Kemihaara is ca. 33 km, from Raja-Jooseppi ca. 35 km, from Kiilopää is ca. 28 km and from Saariselkä is ca. 41 km.
- Urho Kekkonen National Park map
- From the March to September is possible to stay in the hut maximum two nights in a row and from October to February maximum 7 nights in a row.
- Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
- The customer shall have payment receipt and hut reservation confirmation along in order to show proof of reservation and its payment.
Two-tiered sleeping platforms, mattresses, pillows, a table, and benches.
A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed.
- Take own candles, toilet paper and headlamp with you.
- Household water is taken from the river Tuiskuoja.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- The route includes some river crossings. There are bridges by the River Suomujoki at Aitaoja, Kotaköngäs, and Porttikoski and by the River Luttojoki at Raja-Jooseppi.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Metsähallitus follows the principles of litter-free hiking. Visitors are adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.
The booking calendar
By checking the booking calendar of the huts (eraluvat.fi) you can see the availability beforehand. Bookings: Saariselkä Customer Service Kiehinen, tel. +358 206 39 7200 or by e-mail ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi.