Instructions and rules on Örö Fortress Island
Örö has one of southern Finland's most valuable concentrations of threatened species and habitat types. "Instructions and Rules in the Archipelago National Park" apply also in Örö.
On the Örö Fortress Island, the following are
- Mooring in the marina
- Exploring the island
- Cycling on roads
- Camping at the campsite
- Smoking in designated smoking areas
- Hook and line fishing, ice fishing and fishing with a simple herring rig are permitted under everyman's rights. The fisheries management fee (eraluvat.fi) is required if you are 18-64 years of age and will be fishing with lures or traps or crayfishing.
- Entering military areas and collecting military related items and materials
- Anchoring at natural beaches
- Lighting campfires
- Driving motorised vehicles on land
- Pets running at large
- Disturbing or feeding livestock
- Taking or damaging trees, bushes, other plants or their parts
- Capturing or disturbing wildlife and destroying nests
- Interfering with butterfly traps and other research equipment
- Damaging soil or rock, and extraction of earth material
- Discharging or sewage from boats into the sea
- Scuba diving (except with special permission)
- Please note that one of the nature trails goes through a pasture and dogs are not allowed in there, even if on a leash.
- Please keep to the roads and marked trails to preserve the island in this pristine condition for other visitors too.
- Caution: The fortress structures are old; watch your step!
- The island has been cleared of dangerous military materials, but visitors are advised not to touch anything that might be found in the terrain.
- Do not discharge dishwater into the sea. Instead, please use the dishwashing facilities in the marina and at the campsite.
- Preparations for moving around in the archipelago.