Accessible Services in Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park
All Three National Park Visitor Centres Are Accessible
Our customer service will provide information on the attractions of Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park and its finest hiking trails. The visitor centre exhibitions will introduce you to local nature and culture. The centres also host changing art exhibitions. We host nature evenings and numerous other events during the year. You can visit our shop to purchase maps and local products and to enjoy fell scenery over a cup of coffee. For more information, visit the Yllästunturi, Pallastunturi and Fell Lapland Visitor Centre websites.
- The beginning of the Vatikuru Trail (1 km) to the ruins of the old hotel and the trail to Pallaskota is accessible by wheelchair with an assistant.
- In Pallastunturi there is an accessible Pallaskota Rental Campfire Shelter.
- The beginning of the Pyhäjoki Nature Trail is accessible by wheelchair with an assistant.
- A short accessible trail to a nearby swamp begins from Yllästunturi Visitor Centre. The yard and the trails are accessible with an assistant. The Logging Museum is accessible by wheelchair with an assistant.
- In Kesänkijärvi there is an accessible trail, campfire shelter, toilet and docks.
- In Pakasaivo there is an accessible trail and toilet.
- Varkaankuru can be reached by wheelchair with an assistance. There is an accessible campfire shelter and a campfire site.
- Äkässaivo campfire shelter can be reached by wheelchair with an assistance.
- In Pyhäjärvi there is an accessible campfire shelter and toilet.
- By the lake Pallasjärvi there is an accessible Punainenhiekka Day Trip Hut.