Visit Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava
Opening Hours in 2023
9.1. - 19.2. Tue - Sun 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
20.2. - 1.5. Mon - Sun 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
2.5. - 18.6. Tue - Sun 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
19.6. - 29.10. Mon - Sun 10 a.m - 5 p.m.
Obs! Week 21 we are closed mon-thurs 22.5.-25.5.
We reserve the right to change the opening hours.
Address: Luontotie 1, 98530 Pyhätunturi (Pelkosenniemi), Finland
Telephone: +358 206 39 7302
- From Main Road 4 (Rovaniemi-Sodankylä), turn on to Road 962 at the village of Torvinen towards Luosto, and continue on for about 38 km to Pyhätunturi Fell.
- From Main Road 5 (Kemijärvi-Pelkosenniemi), turn to Road 962 at the village of Vuostimo towards Pyhätunturi Fell (approx. 14 km).
- Pyhä-Luosto tourism area as well as Pyhä and Luosto fells are well signposted from all directions. On approaching Pyhätunturi Fell there are signposts to Visitor Centre Naava.
- Cars can be left in the visitor centre's own parking area or in the common parking area next to the visitor centre.
- Visitor centre is located in the immediate vicinity of the Pyhä ski resort.
By Public Transportation
Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava and Pyhä-Luosto National Park are easily reachable by public transport:
- By train to Rovaniemi and Kemijärvi from the south, from where there are further connections to Pyhä-Luosto tourism area. For more information, go to (VR's website (vr.fi).
- By plane to Rovaniemi Airport, from where there are further connections to the Pyhä-Luosto tourism area. For more information, go to Finavias's website (finavia.fi) and (Norwegian's website (norwegian.com).
Further Connections from Rovaniemi and Kemijärvi
- Skibus operates from Rovaniemi to Luosto and Pyhätunturi. Skibus collects travellers from the bus station, railway station, and airport in Rovaniemi. Skibus is handy also on the return journey. The coach stops at Luosto by the main entrances of Hotel Luostotunturi and Santa's Hotel Aurora. At Pyhätunturi, the stops are at Hotel Pyhätunturi, in front of Restaurant HuttuHippu, and at Pyhä shopping centre. The coach will stop on request at any of the bus stops along the Pyhä-Luostontie road. For further information and timetables, go to pyha.fi (pyha.fi) and Matkahuolto's website (matkahuolto.fi).
- There is a connection to Pyhätunturi from the morning train that arrives at Kemijärvi railway station. Local buses can also be used to get from Pyhätunturi to the evening train. For further information and timetables, go to pyha (pyha.fi) and Matkahuolto's website (matkahuolto.fi).
- Local buses stop at Hotel Pyhätunturi and in front of Pyhä shopping centre.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.