Services in Pilke Science Centre
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
- Information about hiking destinations in the vicinity of Rovaniemi as well as about Metsähallitus and its products and services.
- Tourism information about destinations in the Rovaniemi region.
- For sale: Finnish forest and nature-themed products and local maps.
- Coffee and snack vending machines are a handy option for a quick snack.
- WLAN available for customers.
Services for the Disabled
- Pilke House is accessible to all. The main entrance is suitable for wheelchair access, and there is a lift to the exhibition floor.
- An accessible toilet is located on the entrance floor.
- There is one accessible parking space near the main entrance by Ounasjoentie Road, with free 1-hour parking with a parking disc. More accessible parking spaces can be found next to the stairs in the yard of Pilke and Arktikum. In this case, they can enter Pilke through the lower floor entrance. If using this entrance, Pilke's customer service staff will be happy to provide assistance in getting to the exhibition space.