Things to Do and See in Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava
Naava's inspiring exhibition introduces the history of the Pyhä-Luosto fell area and its geology, nature, and cultural history by stimulating the senses. Guides are also available, but must be booked in advance and their services will be charged separately.
Guided Group Activities
- A guided tour around the nature exhibition of Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava.
- Suitable for people of all ages.
- Duration: 1 h and an AV presentation at the end about the nature in the area (15 min).
- Price: €50/group or €1.5/person (student groups)(incl. VAT 24%).
Pyhä-Luosto Hiking Game
Play the big board game in Naava's exhibition to try your luck and test your knowledge about Pyhä-Luosto National Park! Playing this entertaining and educating game takes about half an hour and is suitable for 2-5 players at a time.
Films at the Auditorium
Films and slide shows are shown daily at the visitor centre's auditorium upon request.
- From ravines to fell tops (15 min)
- Audio: background music, no voiceover.
- A calming slide show about the nature and landscape of Pyhä-Luosto National Park throughout the year. As there is only background music and no voiceover, it can be enjoyed without any language barriers.
- Geology of Pyhätunturi (15 min)
- Audio: Finnish, no subtitles.
- An information package about the geology of Pyhätunturi. The presentation consists of slide shows.
- Finnish Spitz's Dream (14 min)
- Audio: Finnish and English.
- An easy-going story about the municipality of Savukoski and its nature.
- Especially suitable for children.
Still curious about the species of bird you spotted while hiking? Or do you want to know more about the formation of rocks or cultural history of the area? Whatever the query, Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava has a collection of books about nature, geology, animals, and local culture and tourism. The collection is located in a quiet reading corner where visitors are welcome to browse at their leisure.
Culture and Events
Various events are organized in Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava throughout the year including nature evenings, markets, and concerts. Follow Naava's Nationalparks.fi and Facebook pages to keep abreast of the latest news. Visitors can also submit event requests and proposals.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.