Services in Kuhmo Visitor Centre Petola
Many navigators direct driving to the Hiidenportti National Park via Hopeatie. The road is broken. Driving to the main information point Palolampi only according to the direction instructions and signposts. Read more in What's New pages
- For sale: large carnivore -themed handicrafts, maps on the nearby areas, books, posters and other products as well as logo products for Hiidenportti National Park, the Oulujärvi Hiking Area and the Friendship Park.
- For sale: Metsähallitus' hunting and fishing permits as well as licences for the snowmobile routes maintained by Metsähallitus.
- Meeting facilities all year round.
- Auditorium (60 seats): 30€/h, 150€/day, including a video projector and Internet connection. Outside of normal opening hours, fees will be doubled.
- Small meetings (10-15 people) also in the Info Section of the Visitor Centre and in the nature studies classroom.
- Café services 4.-29.7.2023 tue-sat, from 10 to 16.
- WLAN available for the customers.
- At Petola you will get the best tips for outdoor destinations in Kuhmo and Kainuu region.
- At Petola, you can find out about the Lentua Rental Campfire Hut, Palolampi Rental Hut at the Hiidenportti National Park (for day use only), Kajaani Castle Ruins and many other destinations.
- Information can also be obtained on the nature conservation areas located on the Russian side of the border, such as the Kostomuksha Strict Nature Reserve and the Kalevalsky National Park, Paanajärvi National Park (paanajarvi-park.com) and the Kivach Nature Reserve.
- The visitor centre is accessible by wheelchair. There is an accessible toilet in the building.
- There is wheelchair access from the visitor centre to the Petola Nature Trail (0.5 km).