Services in Oulanka Visitor Centre
- Information on the natural features and hiking opportunities in the Oulanka and Riisitunturi National Parks and in the other national parks and nature reserves in the nearby region. For hire: child backpack carriers.
- For sale: maps of the nearby areas, books, posters, fishing licences and themed products on the Oulanka and Riisitunturi National Parks.
- The visitor centre's auditorium is available for hire for private occasions (max. 40 people). Price: 50€/hour or part of an hour (incl. VAT 10%). Outside normal opening hours, fees will be doubled.
- Restaurant services: Restaurant Ravintola Talonpöytä (talonpoyta.fi) is open during the peak seasons. The selection of the restaurant includes soup lunch, hamburger meals, café products and local souvenirs.
- Kuusamo info (ruka.fi), contact: tel. +358 (0)40 860 8365, info(at)kuusamo.fi
- Ruka info (ruka.fi), contact: tel. +358 (0)8 8600 250, info(at)ruka.fi
- The visitor centre is accessible by wheelchair and pushchair from the parking area, which is located at a distance of 30-100 metres from the building.
- The exhibition space can be toured by wheelchair and pushchair.
- A toilet for the disabled and a baby care room.
- The café accommodates 30 wheelchairs at a time, with special arrangements.
- The Könkään kuohu Trail (0.3 km), accessible for all, will take you to see the lower course of the gushing Kiutaköngäs Rapids.
Restaurant Ravintola Talonpöytä Oulanka
24.10. - 15.2. Closed
In summer season, the soup lunch is served at 11-15. There also hamburgers and other tasty meals made of local ingredients that can be ordered from the menu. The orders have to be made at the latest a half-an-hour before the closing time.
The restaurant is closed from the end of October until mid-February.
We reserve the rights to changes.