Puurijärvi and Isosuo National Park Trails
Starting Points for Trails
Puurijärvi-Isonsuo trails start at the parking areas, which are located by the and Isosuo and along Kauvatsantie road. Directions
- There is a 2-km-long nature trail on the northern side of Isosuo Mire, which displays information and pictures about the mysterious ecosystem of the mire. Along the nature trail, there is an observation tower, which is 4 m high. A trail separates from the nature trail to the turf shelter.
- From Isosuo Nature Trail separates a trail to the old turf shelter, a barn where you can find out about the history of peat digging.
- A marked trail goes to Kärjenkallio bird watching tower from the parking area by Kärjenkallio road. The trail is about 0,8 km long.
- Services: Along the trail, there is an information shelter, where you can learn about the birds and plants of Lake Puurijärvi.
- Sights: The bird watching tower of Kärjenkallio is 18 metres high, and so one of the highest in the Nordic countries. There is room for about 50 people in the tower.
- A marked trail goes to Ahvenus bird watching tower.
Boating and Canoeing Routes
It is possible to reach the National Park along the rivers Kokemäenjoki and Ala-Kauvatsanjoki. A guide book about the canoeing routes in the area can be get at the town halls of Huittinen and Kokemäki.
Check for Warnings
When forest and grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect, fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue. A fire can be also lit in fireplaces at wilderness and other huts. Always use extreme caution when handling fire. The one who lights a fire is always responsible for its safe use. Please note, that making fire at these campfire sites can be banned locally.