Directions and Maps
- Coordinates, Sandvik Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 56.9791' lon: 22° 20.9973' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6654931 E: 240380
- Nautical chart series: B, D
- Nautical chart: 645, 647, 648, 701, 702, 22, 25
By Public Transportation
Högsåra Island can be reached by car, and is also within a short walking distance from a bus stop. When arriving from Kimito, the road to the Högsåra ferry forks about 2.5 km before the village of Kasnäs. The ferry (finferries.fi) to Högsåra leaves from a place called Svartnäs.
The Excursion Harbour
The harbour of the village of Högsåra has 25 stern moorings, and piloting a boat to the visitor quay from the main route is easy. Do remember to leave sufficient space for the ferry. The wind enters the harbour from the east and northeast, but by-passing traffic along the route is not disturbing.
- Harbour number: 597
- Depth: 2,0 - 3,0
- Anchor, buoys
- Open: northeast-southeast
The harbour of Kejsarhamnen has 30 places for boats.
- Harbour number: 620
- Depth: 4,0
Services in Sandvik
- Campfire site
- Dry toilet
- Camping site
- When the wind is from the west, it blows in on the beach. There is no quay, but landing on the beach is easy with a small boat or kayak.
112 Emergency Number
If you have an emergency during your trip, such as getting lost, injured or finding a wildfire, call 112. Read more detailed emergency instructions.
Download the 112 Finland application (112.fi) to your phone. When an emergency call is made through the 112 Finland application, the emergency centre attendant is automatically informed of the caller's location.
It is recommended to keep the mobile phone warm and to bring extra food and water with you. There are many excursion locations with no mobile coverage and some mobile phones does not work in sub-zero temperatures, that is why it is always a good idea to let someone know about your itinerary and timetable.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.