Visit Ivalo Customer Service
The bridge over Kulasjoki river will be closed 28th of Sep - 9th of Oct 2020 due of renovating. On that time it is impossible to reach Aittajärvi parking area with car.
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
Opening Hours in 2020
From 1st of June
- Mon - Fri 9 am - 4 pm. We are changing the opening hours.
- We are closed: New Year 1.1., on Easterntime, Walburgis night 1.5., Ascension Day and Friday 21.5.-22.5., Midsummer Eve 19.6., Christmas Holidays 24.-26.12. and New Year's Eve 31.12.
We reserve the right to make changes to the opening hours.
Directions and Maps
- The Customer Service is located in the centre of Ivalo in the government office building, which is on the main road running through town. There is, for example, a policestation in the same building. The distance to Rovaniemi is 298 km, Inari 38 km and Utsjoki 166 km.
In Ivalo village there is no public transportation, but taxiservices are available.
- Coaches travel daily to Ivalo from Rovaniemi, Utsjoki, Karigasniemi and Näätämö. Coach timetables (matkahuolto.fi).
- The Ivalo airport (finavia.fi) is 10 km away.
- The closest railway station is in Rovaniemi. Timetables for trains (vr.fi).
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Ivalo (opas.matka.fi).