Winter Trails in Rokua
Starting Points for Winter Trails
- Rokuanhovi (Jaakonjärventie 43, 91670 Rokua)
- Rokua Health & Spa (Kuntoraitti 2, 91670 Rokua)
- Rokua Skiing Stadium (Jaakonjärventie 43, 91670 Rokua)
- Rokua Outdoors (Jaakonjärventie 2, 91670 Rokua)
- Pookivaara parking lot (starting point of the Rokua winter trail)
- Pitkäjärvi parking lot (starting point of the Rokua winter trail)
Cross-country ski tracks, multi-use track, and Rokua winter trail
One can reach the highest point of the national park, Pookivaara, in both traditional and free skiing style. Be aware that there are some demanding downhills and steep climbs along the tracks. There is also a multi-use track in the Rokua area for all types of activities using muscle power such as snowshoeing, fatbiking, walking, skiing with dogs or walking.
The locations, descriptions and instructions for the ski and multi-use track are presented on the Rokua ski map (pdf-file, rokuageopark.fi).
If any comments on winter tracks send feedback: rokuanladut(a)utajarvi.fi.
During winter 2022-2023, there is available Rokua winter trail from Pookivaara parking area to Pitkäjärvi parking area and vice versa. Lenght of the trail is about 3.5 kilometres in one direction and one can use the trail with snowshoes and skis.
Liminka Bay Visitor Centre
The maintenance of Rokuavaara summer trails and campfire sites, information about permits for the national park
Tel. int. + 358 206 39 6059