Services in Liesjärvi National Park
Customer Service and Guidance
Metsähallitus Parks & Wildlife Finland
Tel. int +358 (0)206 39 5270
Korteniemi Heritage Farm is open during the summer.
- The services at Korteniemi include guided tours, events and reservations smoke sauna.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
There are campfire sites at Siltalahti Bay, at Cape Korteniemi, at Savilahti Bay camping site, at Peukalolammi sleeping shelter and at Kaksvetinen Lappish kota hut.
A picnic table can be found at all National Park parking areas, except at Sikomäki and Peukalolamminkangas.
Please note that lighting campfires is forbidden also on the campfire sites when the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue and a roof.
Drinking water point in the National Park is located:
In the courtyard of the Hyypiö rental sauna at the north end of Kyynäränharju Ridge.
Another well is in the courtyard of the Korteniemi Heritage Farm.
- There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet or compost and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire.
- There is a compost point at Korteniemi parking area behind the dry toilet.
- Read more about Hiking without littering.
Dry toilets can be found at Pirttilahti, Kopinlahti, Siltalahti and Korteniemi parking areas.
Dry toilets can also be found at Savilahti Camping Site, at Peukalolammi sleeping shelter, at Kaksvetienen Lappish kota hut and at Korteniemi Heritage Farm.
Camping, Lean-to Shelters and Campfire Shelters
Camping is permitted within the National Park at Savilahti camping site. There is also a sleeping shelter in Peukalolammi and a Lappish kota hut in Kaksvetinen. Camping is allowed near them.
Hyypiö Rental Hut, 4 persons. An old and modest wood cabin with a sense of tradition. The cabin is situated on the shore of Lake Kyynäränjärvi. It is equipped with bunks for 4 persons, a wood heated oven and a wood heated stove. The grounds of the hut are equipped with a well, a campfire site, a sauna and an outdoor toilet.
Peukaloinen Rental Hut, 2 persons. A small modest hut on the shore of the peaceful Lake Peukalolammi. The cabin is equipped with a wood heated oven and bunks. Additionally the grounds are equipped with a toilet and a firewood shelter.
For more information or to make reservations contact, tel. int. +358 206 39 5270.
Staying Overnight in the Surrounding Area
Detailed information on accommodation in the surrounding area can be found from the Forssa region travel guide (fskk.fi) and in Forssa Tourist Information office.
The smoke sauna at Korteniemi Heritage Farm can be rented by the public during Farm's opening hours. Included in the price (300 e) are guidance on the use of the sauna, heating, washing water and cleaning. More information from Metsähallitus Customer Service: sisasuomi(at)metsa.fi, tel. int. +358 206 39 5270.
At Korteniemi parking area there is an accessible dry toilet. From there a 200 m forest road that is accessible by wheelchair leads to Korteniemi Heritage Farm. Wheelchair users can also drive very near the yard of Korteniemi. Korteniemi main building is accessible by wheelchair if special ramps are asked for in advance. We suggest that visitors with wheelchairs have an assistant with them.
There is a tourist enterprise Lindabella for groups with special needs in Tammela. Lindabella has accessible accommodation.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- Many services can be found in the centres of Tammela (tammela.fi, in Finnish) and Forssa (forssa.fi). The town of Forssa is located 25 km from the National Park and the centre of the municipality of Tammela is 23 km away.
- A taxi service and foodstuff kiosk with post service can be found in the village of Porras in Tammela.
- The shop and gas station closest to the National Park is located in the village of Letku.
- The closest petrol station with diesel fuel is in Forssa.
Check for Warnings
When forest and grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect, fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue. A fire can be also lit in fireplaces at wilderness and other huts. Always use extreme caution when handling fire. The one who lights a fire is always responsible for its safe use. Please note, that making fire at these campfire sites can be banned locally.
Gathering at the campfire sites increases the risk of coronavirus infection. Guidelines concerning coronavirus COVID-19.