The island of Bodö is located in the southern Archipelago Sea, east of the strait separating it from the island of Bergholm. The island was opened to public in 2016 and the development of the service (bodo.fi) infrastructure is still under way. There is a designated trail on the island going through a variety of different landscapes.
Directions and maps
- Coordinates Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59°54.491' lon: 21°45.0' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6652830 E: 206560
- Nautical chart series: D
- Nautical chart: 711, 716
- Harbour number: 795
By public transportation
- The ferry m/s Falkö (finferries.fi) sails between Kirjais and Borstö and stop at Bodö is possible at some days.
- You can also reach Bodö by taking a chartered boat. The boats of AspöCharter depart from the Archipelago Centre Korpoström. Additional information
- By paying the harbour charge, you get a boat space, a welcome coffee, a sauna for four persons in the main building, a WiFi connection and electricity. You can also use the dry toilets, waste management services and the dishwashing point on the island.
- Draught 1.5 - 4 metres
- Please note that boats must be attached to the buoys. There are cables at the bottom of the sea and for this reason dropping anchor in the bay or at the jetty is strictly forbidden.
- There are five renovated rooms in the main building.
- SUP board rental
- Nature trail
History of Bodö
A coast guard station was located on Bodö between 1967 and 1991. After its closure, the main building was empty until 2016 when the renovation work started. The tower on the island is a reminder of this period in the history of Bodö. The structure is still used by the Finnish Border Guard and it is closed to visitors.
112 Emergency Number
If you have an emergency during your trip, such as getting lost, injured or finding a wildfire, call 112. Read more detailed emergency instructions.
Download the 112 Finland application (112.fi) to your phone. When an emergency call is made through the 112 Finland application, the emergency centre attendant is automatically informed of the caller's location.
It is recommended to keep the mobile phone warm and to bring extra food and water with you. There are many excursion locations with no mobile coverage and some mobile phones does not work in sub-zero temperatures, that is why it is always a good idea to let someone know about your itinerary and timetable.