Instructions and Rules in Langinkoski Nature Reserve
Instructions on Exploring Langinkoski Nature Reserve
In the Nature Reserve, the following are
- Walking, skiing, rowing and canoeing.
- It is recommended to use established tracks.
- Fishermen can reduce wearing of the ground by using the popular fishing spots.
- Picking berries and edible mushrooms.
- Camping and lighting campfires.
- Pets running at large.
- Taking or damaging trees, bushes, other plants or their parts, or mushrooms other than edible ones.
- Damaging soil or rock, and extraction of earth material or minerals.
- Killing, catching or disturbing wild vertebrates, or damaging their nests.
- Catching or collecting invertebrates.
- Driving motor vehicles, except on roads designated for motor vehicles.
- Leaving waste in the area, or damaging constructions.
Equipment and Safety
- The shoreline cliffs may be very slippery.
- If you face an emergency on your hike, e.g. get lost, get injured or observe wildfire, call 112 and report an emergency. More information on how to act in an emergency.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Hiking in Finland
112 Suomi - mobile application
When an emergency call is being made through the 112 Suomi - mobile application (112.fi) the dispatcher will automatically receive the callers position.
It is recommended to keep the mobile phone warm and to bring extra food and water with you. There are many excursion locations with no mobile coverage and some mobile phones does not work in sub-zero temperatures, that is why it is always a good idea to let someone know about your itinerary and timetable.