Services in Syöte Visitor Centre
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
Services at Syöte Visitor Center
Metsähallitus info desk
- Reservations and keys to the Ahmatupa, Rytitupa and Isoniemi reservable huts.
- For hire: snowshoes, a child pulling sledge, a child backpack carrier, hammocks and frisbee golf discs.
- Tourist information
- Pudasjärvi (pudasjarvi.fi, in Finnish)
- Taivalkoski (visittaivalkoski.fi)
- Posio (posiolapland.com)
- Contact information
- The visitor centre cafe is open during visitor center opening hours. Lunch soup available from 11am to 3pm, also hot and cold drinks, sweet and salty snacks and icecream.
- Visitor centre store has maps from nearby areas, nature-themed products like books, games and other souvenirs.
- Books and magazines at the café, free WLAN.
- For hire: the auditorium (60 seats and a WLAN connection) all year round.
- All of the visitor centre's premises are accessible by wheelchair. There is a toilet for the disabled in the building.
- There is wheelchair access (requires an assistant) from the visitor centre's yard to the Salojen siivekkäät ("Wingbeats in the wilderness") Nature Trail (0.5 km) and to the visitor centre's lean-to shelter (50 m).
Services for Teachers and School Groups
- Bring your pupils to the Syöte Visitor Centre and we will organise a short national park info session or a day of adventure in the nearby wilderness! The Syöte Visitor Centre staff are happy to help you in planning and implementing the excursion. Guide services for groups of day care children, pupils and students are free of charge. We tailor guided activities for each group according to their wishes. You can also invite us to visit your day care centre or schools in the nearby area free of charge.