Services in Syöte Visitor Centre
Services at Syöte Visitor Center
Metsähallitus info desk
- Reservations and keys to the Ahmatupa, Rytitupa and Isoniemi reservable huts.
- For hire: a child backpack carrier
- Tourist information
- Pudasjärvi (pudasjarvi.fi, in Finnish)
- Taivalkoski (visittaivalkoski.fi)
- Posio (posiolapland.com)
- Contact information
- The visitor centre cafe (facebook.com) is open during visitor center opening hours. Lunch soup available from 11am to 3pm, also hot and cold drinks, sweet and salty snacks and icecream.
- Visitor centre store has maps from nearby areas, nature-themed products like books, games and other souvenirs.
- Books and magazines at the café, free WLAN.
- For hire: the auditorium (60 seats and a WLAN connection) all year round.
- All of the visitor centre's premises are accessible by wheelchair. There is an accessible toilet in the building.
- There is wheelchair access (requires an assistant) from the visitor centre's yard to the Salojen siivekkäät ("Wingbeats in the wilderness") Nature Trail (0.5 km) and to the visitor centre's lean-to shelter (50 m).
Services for Teachers and School Groups
- Bring your pupils to the Syöte Visitor Centre and we will organise a short national park info session or a day of adventure in the nearby wilderness! The Syöte Visitor Centre staff are happy to help you in planning and implementing the excursion. Guide services for groups of day care children, pupils and students are free of charge. We tailor guided activities for each group according to their wishes. You can also invite us to visit your day care centre or schools in the nearby area free of charge.