Services in Syöte Visitor Centre
Services at Syöte Visitor Center
Metsähallitus info desk
- Hiking information
- Rental hut reservations to Ahmatupa, Rytitupa and Isoniemi rental huts. Huts can also be reserved online (eraluvat.fi).
- Fishing and hunting permits
- For hire: a child backpack carrier
Cafe Korppi and Taigavire
- Cafe Korppi (facebook.com) is open during visitor center opening hours. Lunch soup available from 11am to 3pm. Also hot and cold drinks, sweet and salty snacks and ice cream.
- Visitor centre store has maps from nearby areas, nature-themed products like books, games and other souvenirs.
- Rental equipment can be booked online (taigavire.fi).
- For rent:
- Fatbikes and e-fatbikes
- Kayaks and canoes
- Snowshoes and glide snowshoes
- Frisbee golf discs
- Books and magazines at the café, free WLAN.
- The meeting packages. For more information, contact Cafe Korppi tel. +358 40 553 5469 or email taigavire(at)info.fi.
- All of the visitor centre's premises are accessible by wheelchair. There is an accessible toilet in the building.
- There is wheelchair access (requires an assistant) from the visitor centre's yard to the Korpikolvan polku Nature Trail (0.5 km) and to the visitor centre's lean-to shelter (50 m).
Services for Teachers and School Groups
- Bring your pupils to the Syöte Visitor Centre and we will organise a short national park info session or a day of adventure in the nearby wilderness! The Syöte Visitor Centre staff are happy to help you in planning and implementing the excursion. We tailor guided activities for each group according to their wishes. You can also invite us to visit your day care centre or schools in the nearby area free of charge.
- Guided tour in Finnish are free of charge. In English we charge 50 €/hour.