Visit Kilpisjärvi Visitor Centre
Opening Hours in 2023
Opening Hours in 2024
12.2.–5.5. Tue–Fri 9am–4pm
3.6.–29.9. Tue–Fri 9am–4pm
We reserve the rights to changes.
When closed, customer service Mon–Fri 9am–4pm by phone 0206 39 7990 or email kilpisjarvi(at)metsa.fi.
When the Centre is closed You can pick up and return the keys for huts in
Reservable wilderness huts: the Customs Station of Kilpisjärvi / upon presentation of the payment receipt.
Rental huts: Neste Kilpisjärvi / upon presentation of the payment receipt.
Services also from Fell Lapland Visitor Centre.
Directions and Maps
- The visitor centre is at the southern end of Kilpisjärvi Village, on the same side of Main Road E8 as Saana Fell. Cars should be parked in the designated area by the road.
- Vehicles transporting disabled persons can drive to the upper yard of the visitor centre.
- Daily bus lines (matkahuolto.fi) from Rovaniemi to Kilpisjärvi, and coaches by Eskelisen Lapin linjat (eskelisen.fi) during peak seasons.
- Trains (vr.fi) to Rovaniemi and Kolari, connections by bus.
- Daily flights (finavia.fi) to Kittilä. Connections by bus or airport taxi service. More information from Enontekiö's tourist information (enontekiolapland.com)