Visit Kilpisjärvi Visitor Centre
Opening Hours in 2023
14.2.–22.2. Mon–Fri 10am–5pm
28.2.–2.4. Mon–Fri 10am–5pm
3.4.–7.5. Mon–Sun 9am–4pm
5.6.–30.6. Mon–Fri 9am–4pm
1.7.–1.10. Mon–Sun 9am–4pm
Closed 8.5.–4.6., 2.10–31.12.
When closed, customer service Mon–Fri 9am–4pm by phone 0206 39 7990 or email email@example.com.
Address: Käsivarrentie 14145, 99490 Kilpisjärvi (Enontekiö)
Telephone: +358 206 39 7990
When the Centre is closed You can pick up and return the keys for huts in
Reservable wilderness huts: the Customs Station of Kilpisjärvi / upon presentation of the payment receipt.
Rental huts: Neste Kilpisjärvi / upon presentation of the payment receipt.
Services also from Fell Lapland Visitor Centre.
Directions and Maps
- The visitor centre is at the southern end of Kilpisjärvi Village, on the same side of Main Road E8 as Saana Fell. Cars should be parked in the designated area by the road.
- Vehicles transporting disabled persons can drive to the upper yard of the visitor centre.
By Public Transport
- Daily bus lines (matkahuolto.fi) from Rovaniemi to Kilpisjärvi, and coaches by Eskelisen Lapin linjat (eskelisen.fi) during peak seasons.
- Trains (vr.fi) to Rovaniemi and Kolari, connections by bus.
- Daily flights (finavia.fi) to Kittilä. Connections by bus or airport taxi service. More information from Enontekiö's tourist information (enontekiolapland.com)
Kilpisjärvi and Käsivarsi Wilderness Area
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.