Visit Saimaa Nature Centre Riihisaari
Opening Hours in 2023
Daily 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
In July and August daily 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Closed: 7.4., 23.–24.6., 6.12. and 18.–24.12.2023
We reserve the rights for changes.
Savonlinna Museum tickets (savonlinna.fi/riihisaari)
Address: Riihisaari, 57130 Savonlinna, Finland
Telephone: +358 206 39 5929
Please notice that the calls can sometimes be re-directed to Nature Centre Ukko.
Directions and Maps
- Savonlinna is located along road 14. Riihisaari is close to Olavinlinna castle, so you can follow the signposts to Olavinlinna.
- You can drive your car up to the entrance to Riihisaari, but parking near the museum is not permitted. The Riihisaari parking area is small, and 15.6.–15.8. parking is allowed only with a special permit.
- During other busy seasons, such as Epiphany and events open to public, it is a good idea to use the parking areas at the marketplace, the passenger harbour, or Tottinkatu street. The old area of Savonlinna is cramped, so it is advisable to park your car further off and walk along the beautiful beach trails to Riihisaari. Maps of the parking areas (savonlinna.fi).
- Savonlinna used to be easily accessible by boat via the Saimaa canal. The closest guestharbour to Riihisaari is Törninpyörä, which is located only 200 metres from Saimaa Nature Centre.
By Public Transportation
- Visitors can reach Savonlinna by train (vr.fi), coach (matkahuolto.fi) or plane (finavia.fi).
- Local coaches 1, 2, 3 and 4 stop about 500 metres from the museum. The stops are Kaupungintalo and Nälkälinnanmäki.
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Saimaa (opas.matka.fi)
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.