Services of Torronsuo National Park
Customer Service and Guidance
Häme Nature Centre is located about 5 km from the National Park
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
Kiljamo mire islet: A campfire site
Please note that lighting campfires is forbidden also on the campfire sites when the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
There is no tap water available in the National Park.
The Café in Häme Nature Centre
The café is open during the opening hours of the Nature Centre.
- There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire.
- Read more about Hiking without littering.
There is a dry toilet near the campfire site on the island of Kiljamo.
Camping is not allowed in the National Park area.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
More information from Forssa region's travel guide (forssa.fi).
There is a 150-metres-long duckboard trail suitable for wheelchair users. It begins at the parking area of Kiljamo. At the end of the trail, on the edge of the open mire, there is a platform where you can admire and smell the domain of the Sphagnum moss and the Marsh tea.
From the parking area, it is also possible for wheelchair users to go to the campfire site by the nature observation tower of Kiljamo, which is 300 metres away along a forest road. There is an accessible dry toilet near the campfire place.
Häme Nature Centre is accessible by wheelchair. There is an accessible toilet in the building.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- The nearest places to find more services are the towns of Somero (somero.fi, in Finnish) and Forssa (forssa.fi).
- Sights of the surrounding area are located in Forssa region (forssa.fi), in Somero (somero.fi, in Finnish), and along the Ox Road of Häme (fi.wikipedia.org, in Finnish), which is a historical road from the city of Turku to the town of Hämeenlinna.