Services of Torronsuo National Park
Customer Service and Guidance
Metsähallitus Parks & Wildlife Finland
Tel. +358 (0)206 39 5270
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
Kiljamo mire islet: An accessible cooking shelter, accessible campfire site and accessible dry toilet.
Please note that lighting campfires is forbidden also on the campfire sites when the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
There is no tap water available in the National Park.
- There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire.
- Read more about Hiking without littering.
There is an accessible dry toilet near the campfire site on the mire islet of Kiljamo.
Camping is not allowed in the National Park area.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
More information from Forssa region's travel guide (forssa.fi).
The parking area at Kiljamo is a starting point for accessible routes in the national park.
Visitors using wheelchairs can also take the forest gravel road from the parking area approximately 300 m to the Kiljamo nature observation tower. The nature observation tower has an accessible campfire site and accessible dry toilet.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- The nearest places to find more services are the towns of Somero (somero.fi) and Forssa (forssa.fi).
- Sights of the surrounding area are located in Forssa region (forssa.fi), in Somero (somero.fi), and along the Ox Road of Häme (visithame.fi), which is a historical road from the city of Turku to the town of Hämeenlinna.
Check for Warnings
When forest and grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect, fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue. A fire can be also lit in fireplaces at wilderness and other huts. Always use extreme caution when handling fire. The one who lights a fire is always responsible for its safe use. Please note, that making fire at these campfire sites can be banned locally.