Services in Repovesi National Park
Customer Service and Guidance
- Koli Nature Centre Ukko
- Information about Repovesi National Park
- Information about hut bookings
- info(at)tervarumpu.fi or tel. int. +358 400 718 248
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
- Repovesi tourist enterprises offer catering and restaurant services.
- Tip: when packing food along for your hike or outdoor excursion remember to pack them so that packaging materials will not be left in the terrain. Repovesi National Park is a hiking without littering area and there are no waste bins there. Each visitor is responsible for taking their own waste out of the area.
Café, Kiosk and Shops
- The closest shops are located in Vuohijärvi Village (about 12 km from Lapinsalmi parking area) and in the village of Kääpälä near Vekaranjärvi (about 15 km from Tervajärvi parking area). In summertime there is also a kiosk in Lapinsalmi parking area.
Campfire Shelters and Other Campfire Sites
Campfire sites are equipped with a campfire ring, a firewood shelter (with an axe) and toilet (unless otherwise stated).
- Lapinsalmi Sound (a campfire shelter, a meal shelter)
- Lake Katajajärvi, on the eastern shore
- Kuutinkanava Canal (a campfire shelter, a meal shelter)
- Kuutinkanava 2 (east side)
- Olhava (a lean-to shelter, crowded at times)
- Olhava II
- Kirnukangas (close to Kirnuhuoko)
- Cape Sukeltajaniemi
- Karhulahti Bay
- Cape Määkijäniemi
- Do not pour water into the fireplace – you may damage it!
Lighting campfires if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect.
Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi). This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters at Lapinsalmi and Kuutinkavana or fireplaces inside the Lapp huts.
- Water from lakes, rivers and brooks should be boiled before drinking it, as the quality of these waters varies from one area to another.
- There are five wells in Repovesi area: in Saarijärvi, Olhava, Lojukoski, Määkijä and Kuutinkanava. And one well in Valkjärvi rental camp area.
- There are no waste-bins in the park. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste can not be placed into the chemical toilets! Dry toilets are in use only in Valkjärvi rental camp. Small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Take all other waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking without littering.
- Please note that there are no recycling points in the parking areas!
Toilets are chemical toilets where the biodegradable waste should not be placed in. (Only in Valkjärvi rental camp there are dry toilets)
There are toilets at:
- Lapinsalmi (also a toilet for disabled persons), Tervajärvi and Saarijärvi Parking Areas
- Lapinsalmi on the east-side of the bridge
- Kuutinkanava Canal (also a toilet for disabled persons)
- the south-end of Lake Olhavanlampi
- Karhulahti (also a toilet for disabled persons)
- Lojukoski Reservable Lapp Hut
- Valkjärvi (also a toilet for disabled persons, dry toilets)
- close to the Mustavuori reservable Lapp hut
- Määkijä (also a toilet for disabled persons)
- Talas campfire site
- Sukeltajaniemi campfire site (a toilet for disabled persons)
Toilet paper is good to have along.
Camping is permitted for short periods in the vicinity of 12 campfire sites in Repovesi National Park.
The campfire sites are at:
- Olhava (lean-to shelter), a busy spot
- Cape Sukeltajaniemi, little space, a quiet and beautiful spot
- Kirnukangas (lean-to shelter), quite a quiet spot
- Lojukoski, quite a quiet spot
- Katajajärvi, few tent spots, many travellers along the main trail
- Määkijä, a good place for swimming, but is not an official swimming spot
- Lapinsalmi, spots for the tents on the upper plateau on the east side of the bridge, a busy spot.Camping is not allowed near campfiresite.
- Talas, a place for swimming, but is not an official swimming spot
- Kuutinkanava Canal, We recommend you do not camp on the Kuutinlahti side of Kuutinkanava Canal; it is a very busy spot.
The structures at the campfire sites include the actual campfire place, a firewood shelter with an axe and a dry toilet.
There is also the option to pitch a tent by the reservable Lapp hut for those who have booked the hut.
The closest camping site (long stays, caravans) is located next to the Orilampi Cottage and Holiday Centre.
There are lean-to shelter on the shore of Lake Ohlavanlampi and at Kirnukangas.
Reservable Lapp Hut
- Karhulahti Lapp hut (repovedenkansallispuisto.fi)
- Lojukoski Lapp hut (repovedenkansallispuisto.fi)
- Mustavuori Lapp hut (repovedenkansallispuisto.fi)
- Määkijäniemi Lapp hut (repovedenkansallispuisto.fi)
Reservable Campfire site for groups
There is a fee for all rental sites. Bookings (repovesinationalpark.fi). In addition to the actual hut, the rental site also comprises a designated yard equipped with a campfire site (a hearth, a picnic table, a locked firewood shelter) and a toilet.
- Kuutinlahden kämppä (tervarumpu.fi/en_US)
- Pihkapirtti (tervarumpu.fi/en_US)
- Saarijärvi Forestry Hut (tervarumpu.fi/en_US)
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
More information on tourist enterprises can be obtained at Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park, Saimaa Nature Centre Riihisaari, Visitkouvola-website (visitkouvola.fi) and Mäntyharju-website (mantyharju.fi).
More information on how and where to rent hiking gear can be found at Saimaa nature Centre Riihisaari or at Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park.
- The local tourist enterprises rent for example boats and canoes.
Services for the Disabled
There are services for the disabled in Repovesi National Park at
- Karhulahti Bay area
- Suitable for disabled people accompanied by an assistant.
- A campfire site, a toilet for disabled persons and a reservable Lapp hut.
- Lapinsalmi Parking Area
- The emergency access road onto the pier and the route to the Fox Ferry is suitable for disabled persons accompanied by an assistant.
- Toilet for disabled persons.
- The area of Kuutinkanava Canal
- The campfire sites by the canal and the trail (200 m) between them is suitable for disabled persons who have an assistant.
- Toilet for disabled persons.
- Sukeltajaniemi campfire site
- Toilet for disabled persons.
- By agreement, activity days can be arranged for groups of disabled people (minimum: one busload), must be agreed with the park manager, tel. +358 400 172 445.
More information at Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park.
- Piers for larger boats and ferries are at Lapinsalmi Sound, Kuutinkanava Canal, Mustalamminvuori Hill, Karhulahti Bay and at Hillosen-salmi Sound.
- There are rowboat boat launch points at Tervajärvi parking area and at Hillosensalmi Sound on the municipality of Valkeala shoreline.
- Suitable canoe launch points are located at the Lapinsalmi and Tervajärvi parking areas as well as outside of the national park on the shore of Hillosensalmi Sound.
- There are canoe piers at the Lapinsalmi and Tervajärvi parking areas, at Mustavuori Hill, at the campfire sites at Lapinsalmi bridge, at Lake Kapiavesi, at Karhulahti Bay, at Lojukoski, at Määkijä and at Kuutinkanava Canal.
- There is a canoe transport trail (about 150 m) from the Lapinsalmi parking area to the new canoe pier (canoes must be dragged for example by canoe carriage, there is a beam across the trail). In emergency situations the road also acts as an emergency route.
- Moving canoes along the isthmuses has been easier (canoes can be carried or pulled in your own canoe carriage). At Kuutinkanava Canal the old trail has been continued with a track to the shore of Lake Tervajärvi and a track from Kuutinlahti Bay via Lake Mustalampi to Lake Valkjärvi.
- Remember that boating and canoeing are forbidden on Lake Olhavanlampi up until mid-summer. The only exception is the use of boats by rock climbers to reach the foot of the cliff.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- Services such as a bank and post-office can be found in the centres of Valkeala and Mäntyharju. The distance from the centre of Valkeala to Repovesi National Park is about 30 km, and from the centre of Mäntyharju about 35 km.
- More information on services at Valkeala Municipal Services, on the Visitkouvola-website (visitkouvola.fi), at Repovesi Nature Information Hut and Mäntyharju-website (mantyharju.fi).
Trail Brochures of Repovesi National Park
- Kaakkurinkierros Trail (pdf, 2 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Ketunlenkki Trail (pdf, 3,6 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Korpinkierros Trail (pdf, 1,9 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Koppelonkierros Trail (pdf, 3,4 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Fell Summits (pdf, 2,6 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Trail Running (pdf, 2,9 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Repovesi for Mountain Bikers (pdf, 2,4 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Snowshoeing in Repovesi (pdf, 1,9 Mb, julkaisut.metsa.fi)