Korouoma Nature Reserve Directions and Maps
On condition surveys of Koron korsu Rental Hut and Kaivoslampi Lean-to shelter, they were found to be in poor condition. Rental cottages are neither occupied nor bookable.
- From Rovaniemi it is 100 km to Koivuköngäs and 115 km to Saukkovaara. To get to either place take road 81 (Rovaniemi-Posio) from Rovaniemi. From Posio it is 30 km to Saukkovaara along the Posio-Rovaniemi road. To Lapiosalmi 20 km by way of road Posio-Ranua. There is a forest road by which you can get from Saukkovaara to Lapiosalmi and to Voho in the west.
- Directions from road 81 (Rovaniemi-Posio): At the village of Pernu turn right onto a local road at the sign for Selänsalmi. Drive for about 2 km and turn right at the sign to Korouoma. From this intersection it is about 3 km along a forest road to Saukkovaara, where you can find a parking area and information boards.
- The closest airports are in Rovaniemi and Kuusamo (finavia.fi).
- Coaches (matkahuolto.fi) regularly travel between Rovaniemi and Kuusamo. The closest coach stop is in the village of Pernu 4 km from Saukkovaara.
- The contact information for taxi and group transportation (posiolapland.com) in the Korouoma area.
Starting Points for Excursions
- Good starting points for excursions are the trail starting points at Saukkovaara, Koivuköngäs and Lapiosalmi. There are parking areas and information boards at all of these points.
- Korouoma brochure map (julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Excursionmap.fi of Metsähallitus
- Posio maps (posiolapland.com)
- National Land Survey of Finland map service (karttapaikka.fi)
- Maastokartat: Terrain maps S522 Simojärvi, T511 Autti, 1:50 000.
- Peruskarttalehdet: Basic terrain maps 3631 07, 3542 09, 3542 11, 3542 12, 1:20,000.
- Maastokartat: Terrain maps 3542 Simojärvi, 3631 Autti, 1:50 000.
- GT tiekartta Pohjois-Suomi: GT Roadmap Finland North, 2013, 1:400 000.