Things to Do and See in Pallastunturi Visitor Centre
Nice to Know
- The Research Station of Finnish Meteorological Institute (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) at the top of Sammaltunturi Fell produces measurement data around the clock that is unique on an international scale. Visitors can learn about the operations of the research station and climate matters at the visitor centre.
- Let's have a look at the project: The Purest Air (discovermuonio.fi).
- The Purest Air Index (discovermuonio.fi).
Guided Group Tours
- Cooperating entrepreneurs of Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park organize guided tours in the park area.
Trails Connecting to Pallastunturi Visitor Centre
Pallastunturi Visitor Centre is connected to Vatikuru Nature Trail, Palkaskero and Taivaskero Circular Trail, and the Finland's oldest hiking trail Hetta-Pallas. The visitor centre is located at the junction of ski trails and showshoeing is permitted everywhere on the fells.
Pallaskota Campfire Hut is available for rent and the adjacent open Lapp hut serve visitors who stop at the campfire site. Pallaskota is perfect for organizing events such as small parties. The water in the fell spring is safe to drink.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.