Services in Yllästunturi Visitor Centre Kellokas
There are differences in the epidemic situation between regions in Finland. Some Nature Centres may have to close. Check the current situation on the webpage of the Destination or Nature Centre you are planning to visit.
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
- Information about Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park and the nature of and hiking opportunities offered by other nature reserve and research areas in the surrounding areas.
- Reservations to Metsähallitus rental and reservation huts.
- For rent: a child carrier backpack.
- For sale: maps of nearby areas, books, posters, and other products.
- Fishing and hunting permits (eraluvat.fi) issued by Metsähallitus.
- The view from the restaurant is a strong remainder of why Äkäslompolo is called the village of seven fells. Restaurant Halla (arcticexperience.fi) is beside the ski trail that traverses the fells and ski slopes. Ski boots and pets are permitted inside the café!
- Tourist information about the municipality of Kolari (kolari.fi, in Finnish) and the Ylläs (yllas.fi) area.
- Cinema Kino Kellokas (kinoyllas.net, in Finnish)
- WLAN is available to customers.
- Conference facilities are available all year round. They range from a 5-seat conference room to 130-seat Kellokas Sali. Restaurant Halla (arcticexperience.fi) also offers catering services for meetings and events.
- Kellokas Sali, 130 seats: € 40/h, € 200/day, includes data projector, document camera, and Internet connection. € 25/h, € 150/day including the use of the facility only.
- Väylä, 32 seats: € 30/h, €100/day.
- Meeting room, 10 seats: € 20/h, € 60/day.
- Prices incl. VAT 24%.
Services for the Disabled
- All premises of the Visitor Centre and the Loggers Museum are accessible by wheelchair with an assistant. The toilets are accessible to all and there is a passenger lift in the building.
- The beginning of the Varkaankuru Nature Trail and the Lapp Hut can be accessed by wheelchair with an assistant.