Services in Meiko
Customer service and guidance
- Finnish Nature Centre Haltia, tel. +358 (0)40 163 6200, email@example.com
- The guide map is located on the edge of the parking area.
- Further information: Visit the Uusimaa recreational area association’s website (uuvi.fi).
Eating, cooking and snacking
- Shops, cafés and restaurant services in Kirkkonummi are about five kilometres away (visitkirkkonummi.fi, in Swedish)
Campfire sites and cooking shelters
- There are two campfire sites, a firewood shed and a dry toilet on the shore of Korsolampi, along the Kotokierros Trail.
- Lake Meiko has two campfire sites: In addition to the campfire site, Meikonkierros and Kuikankierros rest sites have a firewood shed and a dry toilet.
- Please keep in mind that making a fire is prohibited also at campfire sites during forest and grass fire warnings! Making a campfire on marked sites is explained in more detail in the Outdoor Guide.
- Take your own drinking water with you when you visit the area.
- There are no waste-bins in the forest. Taking unnecessary waste into the area should be avoided. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a toilet or composter, and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Read more about Hiking without littering.
- Take a plastic bag with you so you can easily carry home your rubbish from nature.
- In the parking area there is a waste disposal point.
- Three dry toilets are located near the northern shore of Lake Meiko, and one dry toilet is at the Korsolampi rest site.
- You can stay/camp around the Korsolampi rest site. Please note that camping must be temporary and for a maximum of two nights at a time.
- Information on overnight stays in the vicinity is available from e.g. the Kirkkonummi tourism website (visitkirkkonummi.fi, in Swedish).
A 600-metre gravel road to the Korsolampi Lake starts from the parking area and is accessible to buggies and wheelchairs. Read more.
There are no other accessible routes or services in the Meiko area.
Other services in the neighbouring area
The nearest banks, post offices, health clinics, shops, pharmacies and taxis are located in Kirkkonummi (kirkkonummi.fi, in Swedish).