Bothnian Sea National Park Trails
There are twomarked nature trails (1,4 km and 3 km) on Iso-Enskeri Island (61° 40,58'N, 21° 22,5' E) in Pori. The trails start by the jetty and campfire site, meander through the island's forest and come back to the starting point via a fine boulder field. The trails are relatively easy to walk.
The City of Pori maintains nature trails in Preiviikinlahti Bay that are partly located in the Bothnian Sea National Park area. Along the trails you can find several lookout towers and platforms, including the Leveäkari and Huhtala towers and the Langoura platform which are located in the National Park. The newest and easy to walk leg of the trails starts from the Langoura platform (61° 32.2647'N, 21° 34.0582'E), travels through Yyterin lietteet and ends up at the sandy dunes of Yyteri (visityyteri.fi).
On island Säppi in Luvia there is 1,5 km long Alfred´s trail. Information boards along the trail tell about the cultural history of the island.
In Rauma, on island Kuuskajaskari about 3 km long trail goes around the fortified island. Information boards along the trail tell about the past use of the island and about geology.
Autumn hiking tips from our customer advisors:
- When hiking in autumn, take into account that rocks and roots on the trail are slippery. Choose good, sturdy hiking shoes with you. Trekking poles are also a good help for hiking in slippery weather.
- Prepare for the trip with enough drinking water and suitable snacks.
- There can be a lot of deer flies.
- At the autumn, day is already shorter and it gets dark early. Before the trip, check the length of the day and the weather (ilmatieteenlaitos.fi). It is good to prepare for the trip with a headlamp or flashlight.
- Also remember to wear warm and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Get hold of the Outdoor Etiquette and also read the instructions and rules of Tiilikkajärvi National Park before going on a hike.
- In the southern parts of the national park there are areas where the mobile network coverage could be bad. Remember to ensure the safety of your hike. Always check the warnings in advance (ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
Check for Warnings
When forest and grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect, fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue. A fire can be also lit in fireplaces at wilderness and other huts. Always use extreme caution when handling fire. The one who lights a fire is always responsible for its safe use. Please note, that making fire at these campfire sites can be banned locally.