Lankojärvi Reservable Wilderness Hut
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or by e-mail email@example.com. Terms of reservation for the Lankojärvi reservable hut. See where to pick up the keys.
Suitable for overnight stays for hikers and groups with good navigation skills. The hut is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails. You can follow a marked trail until Lake Rautulampi. The distance from there to Lake Lankojärvi is eight kilometres, and you will need a map and a compass to manage it. The nearest shops and restaurants are located in Saariselkä. The hut was built in 1967.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Sodankylä (sodankyla.fi, in Finnish), Urho Kekkonen National Park.
Lankojärvi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 18.5374' lon: 27° 48.8260' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7577532 E: 533564
- The wilderness hut is situated west of Lake Lankojärvi by the River Suomujoki.
- The closest huts are the Porttikoski open wilderness hut, the Suomunruoktu open and reservable wilderness hut, the Kuusela rental hut, and the Rautulampi day trip hut.
- You can get to the hut on foot or by skis from several starting points (pdf 659kt). The distance from Kiilopää is ca. 17 km, from Saariselkä ca. 30 km, and from Lake Aittajärvi ca. 17 km.
12 € / night / person (incl. VAT 10%).
- From the March to September is possible to stay in the hut maximum two nights in a row and from October to February maximum 7 nights in a row.
- Two-tiered sleeping platforms, mattresses, pillows, a table, and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
- There's no lighting in the hut, please bring your own candles.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed
- Drinking water can be collected from the River Suomujoki.
You can pick up the keys from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, Ivalo Customer Service, Fell Centre Kiilopää (kiilopaa.fi), Hotel Samperin Savotta (samperi.com), Tulppion Majat (tulppionmajat.fi, in Finnish), Sodankylän Väri- ja Urheilu Simonen Oy (simonen.fi, in Finnish) or from Vuotso JJR Pehkonen Oy tel. +358 442 432 449.
Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
- The customer shall have payment receipt and hut reservation confirmation along in order to show proof of reservation and its payment.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- The hut is not suited for the disabled.
- The route includes some river crossings. There are bridges by the River Suomujoki at Aitaoja, Kotaköngäs, and Porttikoski and by the River Luttojoki at Raja-Jooseppi.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- There is a recycling point at the reservable wilderness hut. Hikers are however adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
- Urho Kekkonen National Park map.
- Urho Kekkosen kansallispuisto outdoor map, 1:100 000.
- Saariselkä - Kiilopää outdoor map, 1:50 000.
- Terrain map V512 and V521, 1:50 000.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.