Lankojärvi Reservable Wilderness Hut
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service or by e-mail email@example.com. Terms of reservation for the Lankojärvi reservable hut.
Suitable for overnight stays for hikers and groups with good navigation skills. The hut is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails. The marked trail will lead you to Rautulampi. From there, Lankojärvi is eight kilometres away. Proceed using a map and a compass. The nearest shops and restaurants are located in Saariselkä. The hut was built in 1967.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Sodankylä, Urho Kekkonen National Park.
Lankojärvi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 18.5374' lon: 27° 48.8260' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7577532 E: 533564
- The wilderness hut is situated west of Lake Lankojärvi by the River Suomujoki.
- The closest huts are the Porttikoski open wilderness hut, the Suomunruoktu open and reservable wilderness hut, the Kuusela rental hut, and the Rautulampi day-use hut.
- You can get to the hut on foot or by skis from several starting points (pdf 659kt). The distance from Kiilopää is ca. 17 km, from Saariselkä ca. 30 km, and from Lake Aittajärvi ca. 17 km.
- From the March to September is possible to stay in the hut maximum two nights in a row and from October to February maximum 7 nights in a row.
You can pick up the keys at the following places
Ivalo Customer Service
the key drop box in Saariselkä
the key drop box in Kiilopää
Samperin Savotta (samperi.com) in Savukoski
Tulppion Majat (tulppio.fi, Finnish) in Savukoski
Sodankylä Väri- ja Urheilu Simonen Oy (simonen.fi, in Finnish)
Taxi Vuotso / JJR Pehkonen Oy, tel. 044-243 2449, 044 2422967 (call in advance).
The customer must have payment receipt and hut reservation confirmation with in so that one can prove the reservation and its payment.
Please check the opening hours of the place where you intend to collect the key in advance. Outside opening hours, the key can be collected from the key box at all key collection points by appointment. If you intend to collect the key after opening hours, contact the key collection point 3-5 weekdays before the key collection date.
When collecting the key from Saariselka or Kiilopää, you get instructions for collecting the key from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service. Contact customer service 3-5 weekdays before you collect the key (firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 6397200).
The key can be returned to any of the locations mentioned.
- Two-tiered sleeping platforms, mattresses, pillows, a table, and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
- There's no lighting in the hut, please bring your own candles.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed
- Drinking water can be collected from the River Suomujoki.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- The route includes some river crossings. There are bridges by the River Suomujoki at Aitaoja, Kotaköngäs, and Porttikoski and by the River Luttojoki at Raja-Jooseppi.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- Metsähallitus follows the principles of litter-free hiking. Visitors are adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.
The booking calendar
By checking the booking calendar of the huts (eraluvat.fi) you can see the availability beforehand. Bookings: Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service, tel. +358 206 39 7200 or by e-mail ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi.