Lankojärvi Reservable Wilderness Hut
Reservable Wilderness hut for 8 persons. In the same building there is a open wilderness hut.
Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen or by e-mail email@example.com. Terms of reservation for the Lankojärvi reservable hut.
Photo: Tero Turpeinen.
Photo: Anne Saloniemi.
Photo: Tero Turpeinen.
Suitable for overnight stays for hikers and groups with good navigation skills. The hut is located in the Urho Kekkonen National Park's wilderness zone, which has no marked trails. You can follow a marked trail until Lake Rautulampi. The distance from there to Lake Lankojärvi is eight kilometres, and you will need a map and a compass to manage it. The nearest shops and restaurants are located in Saariselkä. The hut was built in 1967.
- Northern Lapland, Municipality of Sodankylä, Urho Kekkonen National Park.
Lankojärvi, coordinates: Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 68° 18.5374' lon: 27° 48.8260' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 7577532 E: 533564
- The wilderness hut is situated west of Lake Lankojärvi by the River Suomujoki.
- The closest huts are the Porttikoski open wilderness hut, the Suomunruoktu open and reservable wilderness hut, the Kuusela rental hut, and the Rautulampi day trip hut.
- You can get to the hut on foot or by skis from several starting points (pdf 659kt). The distance from Kiilopää is ca. 17 km, from Saariselkä ca. 30 km, and from Lake Aittajärvi ca. 17 km.
16,50 €/night / person (incl. VAT 10%).
- From the March to September is possible to stay in the hut maximum two nights in a row and from October to February maximum 7 nights in a row.
You can pick up the keys from Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen, Ivalo Customer Service, Fell Centre Kiilopää (kiilopaa.fi), Hotel Samperin Savotta (samperi.com), Tulppion Majat (tulppionmajat.fi, in Finnish), Sodankylän Väri- ja Urheilu Simonen Oy (simonen.fi, in Finnish) or from Vuotso JJR Pehkonen Oy tel. +358 442 432 449.
- Please check the opening hours by phone, from www-pages or by e-mail.
The customer shall have payment receipt and hut reservation confirmation along in order to show proof of reservation and its payment.
- Two-tiered sleeping platforms, mattresses, pillows, a table, and benches.
- A wood-burning stove, a gas cooker, a saucepan, and a frying pan.
- There's no lighting in the hut, please bring your own candles.
- There is a smoke alarm in the hut, but we recommend bringing your own device with you.
- A campfire site, a dry toilet and a woodshed
- Drinking water can be collected from the River Suomujoki.
- You can camp by the campfire sites.
- There are no accessible services in the hut.
- The route includes some river crossings. There are bridges by the River Suomujoki at Aitaoja, Kotaköngäs, and Porttikoski and by the River Luttojoki at Raja-Jooseppi.
- Please note that it takes some time before the hut is properly warm.
- When leaving the hut, remember that it has to be clean and ready for the next customers.
- Make sure you pack a first-aid kit.
- Pets are not permitted in the hut.
- Metsähallitus follows the principles of litter-free hiking. Visitors are adviced to bring their own waste out of the area. Read more about Hiking Without Littering.
Maintenance and Management
- Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- For more information contact Urho Kekkonen National Park Customer Service Kiehinen tel. int. +358 206 39 7200.
The booking calendar
By checking the booking calendar of the huts (eraluvat.fi) you can see the availability beforehand. Bookings: Saariselkä Customer Service Kiehinen, tel. +358 206 39 7200 or by e-mail ukpuisto(at)metsa.fi.