What's Currently Happening on the Island of Seili
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
Museum church opening hours 2018:
- 13.6.-13.8., 19.-20.8., 26.-27.8. and 2.-3.9. between 11am-3pm.
- The summer 2018 opening hours for the museum church are to be released soon.
- A new operator, Skärgårdskompaniet, opens accommodation and restaurant services in Seili in June 2017 (www.visitseili.fi). You can find the restaurant and a café in the main building about 800 meters from the ferry pier. The restaurant serves lunch and breakfast.
- Summer events on the island can be seen in the event calendar on the website www.visitseili.fi
- Multi-artistic workgroup has produced a work of art that uses memories of the people who have lived and worked on the island of Seili as a source, to tell visitors stories about the island. Headsets with the stories are available for rent at the info point at Nauvo's connecting quay starting from July 1st. More information about the audio-walk on the island (in Finnish, http://audiomatka.fi/seili)
- Topical summary of the Archipelago Research Institute, Centre for Environmental Research of the University of Turku (www.seili.utu.fi, in Finnish)
- Pro Seili–Själö association's event calendar (www.proseili.fi) in Finnish
- Museum Church of Seili blog (seilinmuseokirkko.blogspot.fi, in Finnish)