Services in Vallisaari
- More information about services, activities and restaurants in Vallisaari can be found on Vallisaari.fi.
- You will get to Vallisaari Island by water bus during the summer period May-September 2023. The water buss transportation provider is FRS Finland Oy (frs-finland.fi) and transportation starts from the Market Square.
- The excursion harbour has 48 berths subject to a charge.
- Cooperation partners on the island also organise guided tours and themed activities for groups upon request.
- The café: a container café serves in the Torpedolahti excursion harbour in Vallisaari from May until September. There are also many other cafes and a restaurant in the area. The companies in Vallisaari use only card payments - no cash services.
- Vallisaari has two water points. The locations of water points are indicated on the information boards found in the islands.
- There are several rest stops/picnic sites on Vallisaari Island: A small rest stop by the Vallisaari pond and rest stops suitable for larger groups in an open building 200 metres from the main jetty of the Luotsitalo pilot house; and a meadow next to Kakkospatteri ("Second Battery"). In addition there are benches at Alexander Battery and Torpedolahti. The rest stops are equipped with tables and benches for the benefit of those enjoying a snack. The locations of the rest stops are indicated on the information boards found in the islands. Please note, that there is no winter maintenance on the trails.
- Dry toilets are located next to the Vallisaari main jetty, on the meadow near Kakkospatteri ("Second Battery"), at the Alexander Battery, in Kuolemanlaakso (‘Valley of Death'), and in the sandy cove in Kuninkaansaari. The locations of the dry toilets are indicated on the information boards found in the islands. No municipal engineering infrastructure is available in the islands.
- There are no accessible services on the island, and no accessible toilets. The dry toilet located next to the main jetty of the Luotsitalo pilot house is accessible to visitors with assistance.
- The islands are accessible for prams, but the trails are not unobstructed. The terrain is uneven and the uphill sections are steep.
Instructions for Visitors
Use caution when walking in the islands: familiarise yourself with the instructions, rules, and warnings regarding Vallisaari and Kuninkaansaari. By following the instructions, we can foster the well-being of visitors, keep the islands enjoyable for everyone, and help to preserve the islands' fragile nature and enchanting cultural heritage.