Services in Pyhä-Häkki National Park
Logo-products of the nationalpark for sale in Natural History Museum of Central Finland (jyu.fi), Jyväskylä.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
The coffee car AnnaUnelma (facebook.com, in Finnish) is available in the parking area of Pyhä-Häkki National Park weather permitting:
- 1.5.-31.7.2021 Saturday - Sunday 12:00-18:00
- Tel.int. +358 50 367 6458
Shops and Kiosks
- The nearest shops are located in the towns of Saarijärvi (22 km) and Viitasaari (39 km).
Campfire sites and cooking shelter
- Kotajärvi lake (campfire site and cooking shelter)
- There is a fireplace and a stove in the cooking shelter and a campfire site outside.
- Tulijärvi (lean-to-shelter with fire place) is situated in the immediate vicinity of the national park along the Tulijärven polku -Trail. Tulijärvi is maintained by the town of Saarijärvi
When the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect, fire lighting is allowed only in the built fireplace of the cooking shelter in Kotajärvi. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- There is a well at the information point of the National Park.
There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire.
Read more about Hiking without Littering.
- There are dry toilets at the information point of the National Park and at Lake Kotajärvi cooking shelter.
- Camping out is allowed under Everyman's Right of access to the land, though campers are asked to stay by the lean-to-shelter at Tulijärvi, situated in the vicinity of the national park, along the Tulijärven polku -Trail.
- Poika-aho Rental Hut is a former Crown Tenant Farm located in the western edge of the park, along the Tulijärven polku -Trail. Information and reservations at Metsähallitus, Tel. int. +358 020 69 2424 (mon-fri 09:00-16:00), eraluvat(a)metsa.fi.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
- Co-operative partners of the Pyhä-Häkki National Park offer accommodation in the vicinity of the park.
- There are several accommodation options in the surroundings, more information can be found on the tourism pages of Saarijärvi region (visitsaarijarvi.fi).
There are no special services for the disabled in Pyhä-Häkki National Park.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- More services can be found in the centres of Saarijärvi (visitsaarijarvi.fi), 22 km and Viitasaari (viitasaari.fi, briefly in English), 39 km.
- The nearest place to buy fuel is in the centre of Saarijärvi.
- Saarijärvi region tourism services (visitsaarijarvi.fi).
Check for Warnings
When forest and grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect, fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue. A fire can be also lit in fireplaces at wilderness and other huts. Always use extreme caution when handling fire. The one who lights a fire is always responsible for its safe use. Please note, that making fire at these campfire sites can be banned locally.
Gathering at the campfire sites increases the risk of coronavirus infection. Guidelines concerning coronavirus COVID-19.