Visit Salla Visitor Centre
Opening Hours in 2023
1.1.-30.4. open daily 10-18.
We reserve the right to change opening hours.
Address: Hautajärventie 111, 98900 Salla
Telephone: +358 (0)20 639 4398
Visit: Free admission to the Visitor Centre. Arriving at the Salla Visitor Centre.
Things to do and see: Exhibition, hiking advice, shop, events.'
Suitability: Ideal for the whole family regardless of age. Accessible exhibition, shop and café, accessible toilet. Visiting dogs must wait outside.
Services: Café, rental conference facilities, information services, shop. A wide ranging selection of services provided by Metsähallitus’ partners. Read more.
Metsähallitus is responsible for the exhibition at the Visitor Centre. Customer service is provided by Salla Wilderness Park.
Visitor Centre operations are managed by: Metsähallitus Parks & Wildlife Finland, Lapland
Directions and maps
- From road E63 between Kemijärvi and Kuusamo, from road 82 at the village of Joutsijärvi to Salla and then on to Salla Wilderness Park (approx. 13 km).
- From road E63 between Kuusamo and Kemijärvi to road 950 (Sallantie) towards Salla. Salla Wilderness Park comes before the parish village of Salla, approximately 64 km after the intersection.
- There are currently signs leading to the Reindeer Park on the roadside.
- Visitor cars may be parked in the Nature Centre parking area.
By public transportation
Sallatunturi is also easily accessible using public transport. The Visitor Centre is located approximately 4 km from the Resort Centre. Buses coming from Kuusamo do not stop here.
- By train from the south to Rovaniemi and Kemijärvi, with further connections to the Salla tourism area. For more information, visit the VR website (vr.fi).
- Flying to Rovaniemi or Kuusamo Airport, from which there are connections available to the Salla tourism area. For more information, visit Finnair (finnair.com) and Finavia (finavia.fi).
Connections from Rovaniemi, Kemijärvi and Kuusamo
Möllärin Linjat operates from Rovaniemi to Salla Monday through Friday. The connection from Salla to Rovaniemi departs from the Salla bus station. The bus picks up passengers from the Rovaniemi bus station, railway station and airport. For more information and timetables, visit Matkahuolto (matkahuolto.fi).
A connection from the morning train to Salla departs from the Kemijärvi railway station. This connection also runs from the night train, but not on Sundays or holidays. The bus connection from Salla to Kemijärvi departs from in front of Hotel Revontuli from Monday to Saturday at 5.10 p.m. For more information and timetables, visit Matkahuolto (matkahuolto.fi).
The connection between Kuusamo Airport and Salla is operated by Pohjolan Matkat. Not all flights have connections throughout the year, and some of the transports have been combined. The connection from Salla to the airport departs from the Salla bus station and in front of Hotel Revontuli. For more information, visit the Pohjolan Matkat website. There are also other bus connections between Salla and Kuusamo. For more information and timetables, visit Matkahuolto (matkahuolto.fi).