Visit Hossa Visitor Centre
Opening Hours in 2023
1.1.–28.2. closed, open by appointment
1.3.–21.4. Mon–Sun 10am–4pm
22.4.–5.5. closed, open by appointment
6.5.–31.5. Mon–Sun 10am–4pm
1.6.–30.9. Mon–Sun 10am–7pm
1.10.–31.10. Mon–Sun 10am–4pm
Other arrangements by appointment.
We reserve the rights to changes.
Directions and Maps
- From the south, drive along road no. 5 (E63) from Ämmänsaari (in Suomussalmi) to the north for about 70 km and you will arrive at Peranka, where you must turn right (onto road no. 9190). Drive for 25 km, whereafter the road joins Hossantie Road (no. 843). Turn left and drive north, bypassing the village of Hossa, a total of 8 km. Following the signposts, turn left onto Jatkonsalmentie Road. The distance from the crossroads to the visitor centre is about 700 metres.
- From the north, drive along road no. 5 (E63) from Kuusamo to the south for about 70 km to Peranka, from which point follow the same directions to the visitor centre as given above.
- From the north, you can also drive via Murtovaara (Kerontie/Kurvisentie), which shortens the distance by roughly 20 km.
- The Hossa bus service operates in summer between Hossa and Kuusamo from 6 th June to 9th August 2022. Please, check the latest timetables from the Matkahuolto websites.
- On Kajaanintie/Viitostie (Highway 5, E63), between Kajaani and Kuusamo, there are coaches that go to Peranka. From Peranka, there is a connecting trail to the national park’s western end to the Kukkuri open wilderness hut (9.5 km) and the Hossa Visitor Centre (38 km).
In Summer 2022 coaches Kajaani-Kuusamo go via Hossa from 6th June to 2nd October.
- Mon-Fri 7.45 Kuusamo Ervastin aukio - 08.45 Hossa Visitor Centre - 8.50 Hossan Lomakeskus - 10.20 Suomussalmi coach station - 12.00 Kajaani travel centre
- Mon-Fri 14.40 Kajaani travel centre - 16.20 Suomussalmi coach station - 17.50 Hossan lomakeskus - 17.55 Hossa Visitor Centre - 19.00 Kuusamo Ervastin aukio
- Sun 10.00 Kuusamo Ervastin aukio - 11.00 Hossa Visitor Centre - 11.05 Hossan Lomakeskus - 12.35 Suomussalmi coach station - 14.20 Kajaani travel centre
- Sun 15.15 Kajaani travel centre - 17.00 Suomussalmi coach station - 18.25 Hossan lomakeskus - 18.30 Hossa Visitor Centre - 19.35 Kuusamo Ervastin aukio
- Please, check the latest timetables from the Matkahuolto websites.
- The closest railway station (vr.fi) is 170 km from Hossa in Kontiomäki.
- The closest airport (finavia.fi) is 85 km from Hossa in Kuusamo.
- The Kajaani airport is 210 km from Hossa.
- Coach timetables are available at the Matkahuolto website (matkahuolto.fi) and from their customer service telephone, tel. int. +358 200 4000.
- Visitors can also inquire about timetables at Hossa Visitor Centre +358 40 751 7221.