The old Västerby fisherman's farm on the north shore of Berghamn Island, in Archipelago National Park, is like a scene from the old days. The island boasts managed traditional landscapes, and an exhibition in the farm's waterside shed depicts the life of fishermen.
Directions and Maps
Berghamn Island is located in the municipality of Pargas. Berghamn Island can only be reached by boat.
- Coordinates Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 60° 03.1964' lon: 21° 47.7777' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6668751 E: 210416
- Nautical chart series: D
- Nautical chart: 717, 25
By Public Transportation
- There are ferry services to Berghamn: from Pärnäinen and from Kirjainen ms Cheri, and from Pärnäinen ms Eivor (www.ely-keskus.fi)
Services in Berghamn
Berghamn Nature Information Hut
- The Västerby farm's waterside shed serves as the Nature Information Hut of Berghamn Island. It houses an exhibition entitled "Fishing in the Archipelago".
- The nature exhibition is free-of-charge.
- The nature exhibition is open daily.
- There is no staff at the nature information hut.
The Excursion Harbour
- Harbour number: 818, 822
- Depth: 1,5 – 2,0 m
- Open: west-north
- For shorts visits only, harbour for longer visits on the eastern side of the island
- It is allowed to camp in the Västerby farm area. We strongly recommend using an inner tent to avoid ticks!
- Campfire site and dry toilet is located near the shore.
- There are two nature trails in the vicinity of the Västerby fisherman's farm. They provide information on Berghamn's flora and fauna, old habitation and present-day life on this beautiful island. The trails are approximately 2 km long, and they start at the farmyard.
- There are no special services in the area for the disabled and the terrain is rough and difficult to walk in several places.
- The nature path can be found in the google.maps streetview.