Services at Svartholma Sea Fortress
- Summer restaurant Cafe Svartholm is a full service restaurant, serving food and available for hire for private functions. The archipelago restaurant serves delicacies in a historical, distinguished setting. Live music and entertainment are sometimes on offer. Cafe Svartholm is accessible for wheelchair users and there is a toilet for the disabled.
- Telephone: +358 40 359 3739
- E-mail: cafesvartholm.oy(at)gmail.com
- Website: www.cafesvartholm.fi (in Finnish)
- Small souvenirs are for sale at the exhibition venue.
- The visitors' Berth offers around 70 free berths, a drinking water tap, septic tank emptying by suction and a waste disposal point.
- There are three campfire sites on Svartholma: one by the water bus landing stage and two on the southern and eastern part of the island. Firewood is available for visitors on the campfire sites.
- Dry toilets are located by the visitors' berth and the water bus landing stage. Cafe Svartholm has toilets for restaurant customers.
- The campsite is located on the eastern tip of Svartholma. Any extended stays in the camping site must be reported to Metsähallitus (www.metsa.fi, in Finnish).
- Children's playgrounds are situated close to the water bus landing stage and Cafe Svartholm.
- Regular water bus service from Loviisa and cruises on the packet yacht Österstjernan are a convenient way of travelling to the island. For schedules and prices, please see the city of Loviisa's website (www.visitloviisa.fi).
- Guided walks and children's adventure tours introduce visitors to the past and present of Svartholma. For schedules and prices, please see the city of Loviisa's website (www.visitloviisa.fi).
Services for the Disabled
- Summer restaurant Cafe Svartholm is accessible for wheelchair users and there is a toilet for the disabled.
- The terrain is mainly flat, with easy gravel and grass walkways. The island is accessible for prams. There are steep steps in certain locations, including the scenic lookout points and the exhibition venue, but you can move around on the island and avoid these.