Services in Koli Nature Centre Ukko
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
- Information on local tourism destinations in the regions of Vaara-Karjala and Koli. In addition to the Koli National Park and Herajärvi trail, we provide advice on hiking opportunities in the Tiilikkajärvi, Patvinsuo and Petkeljärvi National Parks and the Ruunaa Hiking Area.
- Bookings and keys for rental huts in Koli National Park. Bookings for huts by phone: contact the Nature Centre customer service.
- For sale maps, publications on nature and culture, posters, postcards and handicraft products.
- Conference facilities and catering for conferences
- Vaarasali Auditorium, 200 seats
- Café Vakka provides catering services for meetings and conferences.
- Hiking advice free of charge.
- Information on local tourism services: Programme organisers and hiking equipment rental, hotel and restaurant services, accommodation in holiday cabins, Koli village shop and taxi services.
- WIFI accessible to visitors.
Services for the Disabled
- All areas of the Koli Nature Centre Ukko are accessible for wheelchair users. A toilet for the disabled is located in the building, there are ramps to the exhibitions and lift access to the auditorium and meeting facilities. The auditorium and café can accommodate several wheelchairs at a time.
- Wheelchairs can be accommodated in the railcar for access from the parking areas to Yläpiha courtyard. Visitors with mobility difficulties can drive into the Yläpiha courtyard, which is otherwise off limits for cars.
- A special viewing platform for visitors with mobility difficulties is located close to the Ukko-Koli lookout point, which is accessible along a wide path.
- The auditorium is equipped with an induction loop system for the hearing impaired.
Café and Catering Services for Meetings
- The shop and café Vakka at the Nature Centre offer organic delicacies: coffee, tea, and local handicrafts and delicacies. Café Vakka also provides catering services for meetings and conferences. In addition, a wide range of services are provided by partners of the Koli National Park.