Services in Koli Nature Centre Ukko
Information on local tourism destinations in the regions of Vaara-Karjala and Koli. In addition to the Koli National Park and Herajärven kierros Trail, we provide advice on hiking opportunities in the Tiilikkajärvi, Patvinsuo and Petkeljärvi National Parks and the Ruunaa Hiking Area.
- Bookings and keys for rental huts in Koli National Park. Bookings for huts by phone: contact the Nature Centre customer service or book directly verkkokauppa.eraluvat.fi.
- For sale maps, publications on nature and culture, posters, postcards and handicraft products.
- Conference facilities and catering for conferences
- Vaarasali Auditorium, 200 seats
- Café Eväsretket provides catering services for meetings and conferences.
- Hiking advice free of charge.
- Information on local tourism services: Programme organisers and hiking equipment rental, hotel and restaurant services, accommodation in holiday cabins, Koli village shop and taxi services.
- WIFI accessible to visitors.
- All areas of the Koli Nature Centre Ukko are accessible for wheelchair users. An accessible toilet is located in the building, there are ramps to the exhibitions and lift access to the auditorium and meeting facilities. The auditorium and café can accommodate several wheelchairs at a time.
- Wheelchairs can be accommodated in the railcar for access from the parking areas to Yläpiha courtyard. You can find two accessible parking spaces from Yläpiha courtyard, which is otherwise off limits for cars. On of the accessible parking spaces is 310 cm wide and the other is 370 cm wide.
- A special viewing platform for visitors with mobility difficulties is located close to the Ukko-Koli lookout point, which is accessible along a wide path.
- The auditorium is equipped with an induction loop system for the hearing impaired.
Café and Catering Services for Meetings
- The shop and café Eväsretket at the Nature Centre offer coffee, tea, and local handicrafts and delicacies. Café Eväsretket also provides catering services for meetings and conferences. In addition, a wide range of services are provided by partners of the Koli National Park.