Services in Öjen
Customer Service and Guidance
- There is an information sign and a map at the beginning of the trail.
- Metsähallitus' Customer service
Tel. +358 40 595 5114
Meals and Cooking
There are several grocery stores, cafes and restaurants in Vaasa (visitvaasa.fi). Also the nearby village Sundom has a retail shop and a cafe.
- There is a campfire site along Öjen's nature trail.
Making an open fire is prohibited also at the campfire site when forest fire warning is in effect. Further information about lighting a fire.
- There are no waste bins in the area so everyone takes responsibility for their own waste.
- Biodegradable waste can be placed in a dry toilet or composter and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. Carry all other types of waste out of the forest in your backpack.
- Read more about litter-free hiking.
- There is a dry toilet at the campfire site. Bring toilet paper with you.
- There is no camping area in Öjen, but traditional Finnish legal concept known as everyman's right (ymparisto.fi) allows you to camp overnight in a tent.
Staying Overnight Nearby Öjen
- In Vaasa (visitvaasa.fi), there are several options for accommodation, from campsites to hotels.
- There are no accessible services.