Services in Seitseminen National Park
- Nature exhibition, free entrance
- Cafe and restaurant
- Services are offered by a local enterprise
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, Where to Buy and Prepare
Cafe and Restaurant Seitseminen Nature Centre,
- Pitopalvelu Sami Jokinen (makujenlaguuni.fi, in Finnish), 050 562 5500
Campfire Sites and Cooking Shelters
- Kulomäki, Nature Centre: a fireplace shelter (with flue), a campfire site nearby, firewood available for both at the fireplace shelter
- Iso-Kivijärvi: campfire site
- Honkaniemi: campfire site
- Kirkaslampi: cooking shelter (with flue)
- Koverolampi: campfire site
- Haukilampi: campfire site
- Jokiristi: campfire site
- Liesijärvi: campfire site and lean-to shelter
- Kirkas-Soljanen: cooking shelter (with flue) and campfire site
- Saari-Soljanen: cooking shelter (with flue)
Please note that lighting campfires is also forbidden at campfire sites if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue.
- At the Nature Centre in Kulomäki there is a tap at the wall, on the side where the café is. The tap is not in use in winter.
- There is a well at the parking place of Kovero.
- There is a well at Kirkas-Soljanen.
- There is too much mangane in the well water at Pitkäjärvi. The water must be purified before drinking.
- Water from lakes, rivers and brooks should be purified before drinking, because the quality of water varies.
There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Read more about Hiking without Littering.
In the National Park there are dry toilets at each campfire site and camping site. There are also dry toilets at Kovero Crown Tenant Farm and at Pitkäjärvi Loggers' Cabin.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
In Seitseminen National Park there are five free camping sites with campfire site, firewood shelter with an axe, and dry toilet. The camping sites are located at:
There is also a lean-to shelter at Liesijärvi.
Near the National Park there are lean-to shelters at the southern end of Lake Teerilampi and at southern shore of Lake Rysäslampi. The firewood service is not regular here.
In the Nature Centers guesthouse has six cosy rooms for 2 to 4 people.
Caravans and Camper Vans
Staying overnight in a caravans or camper vans is allowed at Kovero and Saari-Soljanen parking areas. There are no special services for visitors with caravans.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
- Leveelahti wilderness cabin (lomarengas.fi) is located nearby Seitseminen National Park.
- Teerilampi wilderness cabin (lomarengas.fi) is located nearby Seitseminen National Park. Accommodation for 8 person.
- South of the National Park along Sisättö road which begins at Kovero Crown Tenant Farm, there are accommodation services at Seitsemisen Torpat (seitsemisentorpat.net, in Finnish).
- South of the National Park there are accommodation services at Särkilammin marjatila (sarkilammi.fi, in Finnish).
- There are accommodation services at Jauli cabins (jaulinkampat.fi, in Finnish) next to the south border of the National Park.
- North of the National Park there are accommodation services at Oravanmarja (oravanmarja.fi, in FInnish).
- Information on lodging in the surrounding area can be found at Seitseminen Nature Centre or Town of Ylöjärvi (visitylojarvi.fi), Ikaalinen (ikaalinen.fi) and Parkano (parkano.fi, in Finnish).
In Seitseminen area there are no great differences in altitude; the terrain is flat, in some places hilly. The Nature Centre and its grounds, surroundings of Pitkäjärvi Loggers' Cabin and at the east side of nature trail at Multiharju are accessible by wheelchair, with assistance. The portion of Soljanen mire trail which is accessible by wheelchair and baby pram is 0.5 km long. At the trail's starting point there is a special accessible cooking shelter. Additionally there is an accessible toilet. There are accessible toilets also at the Nature Centre and next to Kovero Heritage Farm's parking area.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
- In Parkano, about 20 km from Seitseminen, there are services of a town. Also in Kuru, 26 km from Seitseminen, there are all basic services.
- Nearest places to buy fuel are in Parkano and Kuru.
Check for Warnings
When forest and grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect, fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue. A fire can be also lit in fireplaces at wilderness and other huts. Always use extreme caution when handling fire. The one who lights a fire is always responsible for its safe use. Please note, that making fire at these campfire sites can be banned locally.
Gathering at the campfire sites increases the risk of coronavirus infection. Guidelines concerning coronavirus COVID-19.