Sights in Puurijärvi and Isosuo National Park
During a forest fire warning (ilmatieteenlaitos.fi), fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue or in fireplaces at huts, but only with extreme caution. The one who lights the fire is always responsible for its safety. Making a fire at campfire sites can be banned locally.
Scenic Lookout Places
- At the lookout rock near Lake Puurijärvi information shelter, you can see the lake and its surroundings.
- The bird watching tower on Kärjenkallio Rock is one of the biggest in the Nordic countries. From there you get a good view over the lake and its surroundings.
- The beginning of the trail leading from Kärjenkallio parking area to the bird watching tower is suited for use by disabled visitors. At the end of the easy to travel portion of the trail there is a lookout platform.
- There is an observation tower
- on the northern side of Isosuo Mire
- on the southern side of Puurijärvi (Mutilahti)
- on the northern side of Puurijärvi (Ahvenus)
There is an old turf shelter, a barn where you can find out about the history of peat digging.