Services in Fell Lapland Visitor Centre
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
- Information of the nature and hiking opportunities in Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park, Hetta area (in Finnish), Käsivarsi, Pulju (in Finnish), Pöyrisjärvi (in Finnish) and Tarvantovaara Wilderness Areas (in Finnish), Malla Strict Nature Reserve (in Finnish), and other nature reserve areas in Fell Lapland.
- Reservations and keys to rental and reservation huts in the Käsivarsi Wilderness Area and Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park.
- Fishing, hunting, and cross-country traffic permits issued by Metsähallitus.
- Fishing permits (enontekionkalatalousalue.fi, in Finnish) of the joint property management associations for Hetta and Lake Vuontisjärvi and keys to the gate on the private Mustavaara road.
- Pulmuspuoti shop sells Lappish handicrafts, art, souvenirs, maps, books, posters, and other products.
- Snow shoe rental.
- Tourist information about the municipility of Enontekiö (tosilappi.fi)
- WLAN is available to customers.
- Guided tours for groups in Finnish and English, €50/group/hour. Guided tours must be booked in advance and they are also offered by cooperating partners.
- Collections of the Sámi Museum Siida (siida.fi).
- Johtti Sápmelaččat association's exhibitions.
Auditorium and Conference Facility
- The 60-seat auditorium can be reserved for meetings and teaching purposes. The price is €25/hour and €150/day during nature centre opening hours, and €50/hour and €300/day at other times.
- A separate conference facility for 10 persons. The price of the conference facility is €15/hour during nature centre opening hours. At other times the price is €25/hour or part of an hour.
- Prices includes VAT 24%
Services for the Disabled
- All the nature centre's premises are accessible by wheelchair.
- The toilets in the nature centre are accessible to all.
Fell Lapland Nature Centre
Fell Lapland Visitor Centre's permanent and temporary exhibitions provide comprehensive understanding of the nature and culture of Northern Lapland.
- Materials relating to Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park are available here.
- Materials relating to Fell Lapland Visitor Centre's exhibitions are available here (julkaisut.metsa.fi, in Finnish).
- Please note that the nature conservation areas have restrictions regarding the collection of plants and the study of animals. Read the rules and regulations of the area.
Guided Nature-Themed Activities
- Various teaching sessions are organized at the visitor centre. Read more.
- Cooperating entrepreneurs of Metsähallitus organize guided trips and tours around exhibitions as requested by customers.
- Jyppyrävaara Hill rises directly behind the nature centre. Jyppyrä Trail (1.6 km) leads to the top that offers excellent views over Lake Ounasjärvi and Pyhäkero.
- Peurapolku Trail (in Finnish) (2 km) introduces the history of hunting wild deer.
- Cáfe Pulmunen caters for groups subject to order.
- There are campfire sites on the yard of the visitor centre and in Jyppyrä.
- Hiking in Finland provides general information on suitable foods on hiking trips.