Services in Ekenäs Archipelago National Park
Customer Service and Guidance
- The island of Jussarö has a hostel, a marina, a seashore sauna and a café-restaurant. Boat trips from the mainland to the archipelago are also arranged.
- Guide services
- Rödjan House and Nature Information Hut
- All the facilities on the grounds of the Rödjan House have free access. Groups may visit the Nature Information Hut by appointment. For further information please contact Ekenäs Nature Centre.
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, where to buy and prepare
The nearest shop is Skåldö Fiskebod, which is located in Sommarö, west of Skärlandet.
Campfire sites are located on
- Fladalandet and
Please note that lighting campfires is also forbidden at campfire sites if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi). This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a shelter and a flue.
There are no waste bins in the National Park. Visitors need to take their waste to the mainland. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet or composter, and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire. The nearest places with waste bins are in Baggö, Sommarö and Predium.
There are dry toilets on Rödjan, Modermagan, Fladalandet and Jussarö.
- There is a camping site at Rödjan on Älgö.
- The other camping sites in the park are located on Modermagan, Fladalandet and Jussarö.
Lodging in the Surrounding Area
There are a lot of alternatives for accommodation in the town of Raseborg, more information from the tourist office (visitraseborg.fi).
- Nylands friluftsområden rf (Recreation Area Association) has a free sauna on Byxholmen, nearby the National Park.
- Our cooperation partners offers guided kayaking tours, kayaking courses and equipment rental.
- In the National Park area, there are five metres deep routes south of Skedö and south of Hästö Busö. These routes between Helsinki and Hanko are quite busy with boats.
- The outer archipelago route between Helsinki and Hanko.
Harbours in the National Park area. The coordinates are given using the WGS-84 Coordinate System.
- Älgö, Rödjan (Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 51.9' lon: 23° 23.7' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6641870 E: 298168). Depth 1 - 2 metres. Mooring max. 12 hours. On the rock about 200 metres west of Rödjan, there are loops where mooring time is not limited.
- Modermagan, (Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 51.4' lon: 23° 25.7' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6640842 E: 299983). Boats which are able to move in shallow water, can anchor in the bay in the southern side of the island, where depth at the threshold is 1 metre.
- Fladalandet, (Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 51.2' lon: 23° 24.5' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6640532 E: 298844).
- Trelänningen, (Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 50.4' lon: 23° 23.0' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6639125 E: 297364). Depth 1,5 - 3,5 metres. Anchoring is not allowed in the bay of the strait going south-east, because the bottom flora in the area is rare in Finnish conditions.
- Jussarö, (Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 49.8' lon: 23° 34.4' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6637446 E: 307945). Landing is allowed on the eastern side of the island. On the western side, moving is allowed only on the nature trails.
Guest and Service Harbours
Harbours near the National Park. The coordinates are given using the WGS-84 Coordinate System.
- Tammisaari, Pohjoissatama (North Harbour), guestharbour. Boat ramp (Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 58.6' lon: 23° 26.0' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6654178 E: 300983).
- Tammisaari, guestharbour. Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 59.0' lon: 23° 26.6' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6654890 E: 301581.
- Sommarö, service harbour. Boat ramp. Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 54.1' lon: 23° 24.7' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6645899 E: 299322.
- Sommarö, visitors´ berth. Boat ramp. Euref-Fin (~ WGS84) lat: 59° 53.9' lon: 23° 24.9' ETRS-TM35FIN: N: 6645518 E: 299488.
More information from Ekenäs Nature Centre.
At boat launching places there are ramps in the following locations:
- Skåldö and
- Ekenäs Town.
There are petrol stations at Skåldö fiskebod Shop, located at Sommarö in Skärlandet, by the Nature Centre in Ekenäs Guest Harbour, and Predium in Lappohja.
In Ekenäs Guest Harbour there are a café, a sauna, showers, washing machines, place to dispose of toilet waste, recycling point for household waste and electricity for boats.
There are no special accessible services in the National Park area.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
More information on services in Raseborg from the town tourist office (visitraseborg.fi).
The nearest ATM for withdrawing cash is in Ekenäs.
Check for Warnings
When forest and grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect, fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue. A fire can be also lit in fireplaces at wilderness and other huts. Always use extreme caution when handling fire. The one who lights a fire is always responsible for its safe use. Please note, that making fire at these campfire sites can be banned locally.
Finnish Nature Centre Haltia, tel. +358 40 163 6200, info(at)haltia.com
Metsähallitus customer service spatial planners
Southeast Finland: Pekka Koponen, tel. +358 206394238
The Metropolitan area: Liisa Neuvonen, tel. +358 206394638
Western Uusimaa: Anne Muuri, tel. +358 206394708
Southwest Finland: Laura Lehtonen, tel.+358 206394659
Kvarken, Southern and Central Ostrobothnia: Tuija Warén, tel.+358 206395282
Satakunta: Marjo Kekki, tel.+358 206394266
Email address: first name.last name (at)metsa.fi