Visit Liminka Bay Visitor Centre
Opening Hours in 2022
From June to the end of September, open daily from 10 AM to 6 PM.
In October, open daily from 10 AM to 4 PM.
From November to the end of February, open on weekends from 10 AM to 4 PM.
We reserve the right to make changes to opening hours.
Restaurant opening hours may vary, please check liminganlahti.fi
Directions and Maps
- The Liminganlahti Visitor Centre is located in Liminka, roughly 35 km from the centre of Oulu and 5 km from the centre of Liminka towards Lumijoki. Signposted from Highway no. 8.
- The closest airport, Oulu Airport, is located in Oulunsalo some 15 kilometres southwest of the centre of Oulu. Many airlines fly to the airport. For further information, please visit the Finavia website (finavia.fi).
- The closest railway station is located in Oulu, the distance to which is 34 kilometres. For itineraries and timetables, please visit VR's website (vr.fi).
- The closest coach station is located in Liminka, and several buses will take you there, such as the bus from Oulu to Liminka. From Liminka, there are connections to Raahe and Lumijoki. The visitor centre is located along this route. The distance from the closest bus stop (the Virkkula bus stop) to the visitor centre is roughly 500 metres. For routes and timetables, please visit the website of Oulun joukkoliikenne (oulunjoukkoliikenne.fi).
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Liminganlahti (matka.fi).
- For directions, please see the Liminka info map (infogis.infokartta.fi, in Finnish).
On Foot and by Skis
- You can walk, cycle or ski to the visitor centre from the main areas of Liminka and Lumijoki.