Visit Syöte Visitor Centre
Opening Hours in 2022
1.8. - 30.10 Daily 10-16
1.12.-23.12. Tue-Sun 10-16
Metsähallitus customer service
Tel: +358 206 39 6550
Café Korppi & Taigavire rental
Tel: +358 44 2306202
Directions and Maps
- When coming from Oulu: When having passed Pudasjärvi keep on driving straight about 30 km until coming to a crossing with the sign to the National Park. Follow the sign to the left (road nr. 858) and continue for about 25 km to Iso Syöte. Then, you will see another sign (luontokeskus, nature centre) to the left. From here it´s only a couple of kilometers to the Syöte Visitor Centre.
- When coming from Kuusamo: When arriving at Taivalkoski turn right to direction Posio, road 863, and continue for 19 km. Follow the sign and turn left again onto the road 862. From there it is 18 km to Iso-Syöte. Then, follow the sign "luontokeskus / nature centre".
By Public Transportation
- In the skiing season, usually until 31 May, a coach operates from Oulu and from Pudasjärvi to the Syöte resort on weekdays. In addition, transport is arranged from Oulu (the ski buses) at weekends. By hopping on the local ski bus, you can travel from the hotels and from the nearby area to the visitor centre or close to (walking distance) the front slopes of Iso-Syöte. See timetables and prices (syote.fi).
- On schooldays, two coaches operate between Pudasjärvi and Syötekylä. Take a look at the timetables (matkahuolto.fi).
- The coach stops by the visitor centre when necessary.
On Foot and by Skis
- You can walk or cycle to the visitor centre along the bicycle routes and, in winter, you can ski along the cross-country ski trails from the core area of Syöte to the visitor centre. There is also a fairly demanding hiking trail (2 km) from the summit of Iso-Syöte to the visitor centre.