Services in Hossa Visitor Centre
- Information on the natural features and hiking opportunities in the Hossa National Park and in the nearby areas.
- Reservations and keys for the Metsähallitus cabins in the Hossa National Park. The reception of the Karhunkainalo Camping Ground.
- For hire: boats, canoes, kayaks as well as hiking and fishing equipment.
- For sale: fishing, maps of the area, a canoeing guide, Hossa National Park products, books, postcards and souvenirs.
- The café-restaurant has a lunch buffet every day in summer, in other seasons an advance reservation is required. Sales of food and souvenirs.
- WLAN available to customers.
- Meeting facilities: a meeting room (seating 20 people) can be hired for meetings.
- Other services: Info-TV by the municipality of Suomussalmi.
Rental equipment prices
- Canoe 40 €/24 h
- Kayak 30 €/24 h
- Rowing boat 20 €/24 h
- Fatbike 50 €/24 h
- Backcountry skis 35 €/24 h
Café and Restaurant Services
The visitor centre's café-restaurant is operated by Experience KL Oy, tel. +358 (0) 50 384 4692. The café-restaurant is open at the same time as the visitor centre, at other times by agreement. The café-restaurant has a lunch buffet every day in summer, in other seasons a reservation is required. Meals in the open and tailored programme services are available upon reservation. The café-restaurant also sells food, fishing equipment and souvenirs.
- The visitor centre is accessible by wheelchair. The yard has two accessible parking spaces.
- The café and the meeting room are accessible by wheelchair.
- There is an accessible toilet at the visitor centre. Wheelchair batteries can also be recharged at the visitor centre.
- The first stretch (about 600 metres) of the nearby nature trail is accessible. The presence of an assistant is recommended. Along the trail, you will find a lean-to shelter that has a cooking shelter, eating area and an accessible drytoilet. The nature trail circles a pond that has been stocked with rainbow trout. Along the trail there are fishing jetties that are accessible. You can buy fishing permits at the visitor centre. Another 800-metre-long trail, accessible, turns off the nature trail and takes you to the Huosiusjärvi rental cabin. Read more about the trails.
- Accessibility has been taken into account in the construction of many of the structures in the Hossa national park.
- Read more about Accessible Services in Hossa National Park.
- You can find other accessible hiking destinations on nationalparks.fi/accessibledestinations.