Services in Isojärvi National Park
Tel. int. +358 206 39 5270, mon-fri 09:00-15:00
Tel. int. +358 44 532 5955 (Minna), +358 44 049 5067 (Vesa)
Heretty summer cafe
- Opening hours in 2023:
- In May open Friday - Sunday 11:00 - 17:00.
- In June, July and August open Tuesday - Sunday 11:00-17:00.
- In September and October open Friday - Sunday 11:00-17:00.
- You can also hire a row boat, a canoe, a kayak, a fatbike, hiking equipment, a packraft or accommodation from Heretty cafe.
- Reservations for groups in advance.
- Contact: erataival(at)gmail.com, +358 44 049 5067 (Vesa), +358 44 532 5955 (Minna)
- Address: Kylämäntie 1335, Kuhmoinen
- Website: Isojärvi Outdoors (shop.isojarvioutdoors.fi)
- Find out more about Heretty cabin and its history
- Accessible services in Heretty
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, where to buy and prepare
Cafes and Shops
- Heretty summer cafe
- There are no shops in Isojärvi area. The nearest shops can be found in Länkipohja and Kuhmoinen.
Campfire Sites and Cooking Shelters
- Kannuslahti: an accessible cooking shelter (with flue) and an accessible campfire site,
- Kuorejärvi: a campfire site and a lean-to shelter
- Vahterjärvi: a campfire site and a lean-to shelter
- Lortikka: a campfire site on the south shore of the Lake Lortikkalampi,
- Kalalahti: a campfire site and lean-to shelter
- Renusaari: a campfire site and lean-to shelter
- At the campfire sites, firewood is long trunks or splits, except for the campfire site of Lortikka where ready-made firewood is available. There is a saw and an ax at the campfire sites for chopping firewood.
When the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect, fire lighting is allowed only in the built fireplace of the cooking shelter in Kannuslahti. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- There are two wells at Heretty cabin. Water in the new well (closer to the cabin) is suitable for drinking. Water in the old well (near the road) has been tested and should be used other purposes, such as washing dishes.
- The water in Lortikka's new drilled well has too much fluoride (1.9 mg/l, maximum value for domestic water 1.5 mg/l, 17, June 2022). According to the health inspector's assessment, it does not cause health harm if the water is used for a short period of time and occasionally. In addition, the water contains more iron, manganese and color than is recommended for domestic water. These mainly cause odor and taste problems. Use of water at your own discretion. The well is located along Lortikantie, about 40 meters from the rental hut's parking area. It is not marked on the maps yet.
- Surface water, such as water from lakes, rivers and brooks should be boiled before drinking, because the quality of the water varies in different areas.
- There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire.
- There is a recycling point in Heretty behind the horse stable.
- Read more about Hiking without Littering.
There is a dry toilet at each campfire site. In addition, there are dry toilets at parking areas of Heretty and Huhtala. Please bring your own toilet paper. You may need your own light source in the toilet, also during daylight hours.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
Camping out temporarily is allowed at the tent sites, in the lean-to shelters and in the vicinity of the campfire sites.
- The tent sites and lean-to shelters are situated in Kuorejärvi, Vahterjärvi, Kalalahti and Renusaari. There are suitable tent sites as follows: Kuorejärvi 4, Vahterjärvi 10, Kalalahti 10 and Renusaari 4. A hammock is a good option. Remember to protect the tree trunks.
- The other campfire sites are situated in Kannuslahti and on the south shore of Lake Lortikkalampi. There are no suitable sites for tents in these places.
- Lortikka and Luutsaari rental huts. Bookings via +358 44 049 5067 (Vesa), +358 44 532 5955 (Minna), erataival(at)gmail.com
- Heretty Rental Huts 1 and 2
Caravan tourists can stay at Heretty parking area, but there are no special services.
Heretty cafe and other nationalpark's partner enterprises rent row boats, canoes, kayaks, hiking equipment and packrafts.
Detailed information on the accessible services in Isojärvi national park.
Services for Boaters
There is a parking area and boat launching place in Nokipohja, North-West to Huhtala croft. In Kalalahti, Renusaari and Nokipohja there are canoe jetties.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
The nearest banks, post offices, health centres, pharmacies and petrol stations can be found in the municipalities of Länkipohja (langelmaki.fi, in Finnish), 14 km, and Kuhmoinen (kuhmoinen.fi, in Finnish), 17 km.
Check for Warnings
When forest and grass fire warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi) are in effect, fire is only allowed at covered campfire sites that have a flue. A fire can be also lit in fireplaces at wilderness and other huts. Always use extreme caution when handling fire. The one who lights a fire is always responsible for its safe use. Please note, that making fire at these campfire sites can be banned locally.