Services in Isojärvi National Park
Services Offered by Enterprises and Organisations in the National Park
- Enterprises and organisations offering services in the national park
- They have a cooperation agreement with Metsähallitus and they follow the principles of sustainable nature tourism when operating in the national park.
Meals, where to buy and prepare
- Opening hours in 2020: From the beginning of May to the end of October from Tuesday to Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm.
- You can also hire a row boat, a canoe, a kayak, a fatbike, hiking equipment, a packraft or accommodation from Heretty cafe.
- Reservations for groups in advance.
- Contact: 044 532 5955 (Minna), 044 049 5067 (Vesa), erataival(at)gmail.com
There are no shops in Isojärvi area. The nearest shops can be found in Länkipohja and Kuhmoinen.
Campfire Sites and Cooking Shelters
- Kannuslahti: an accessible cooking shelter (with flue) and an accessible campfire site,
- Kuorejärvi: a campfire site and a lean-to shelter
- Vahterjärvi: a campfire site and a lean-to shelter
- Lortikka: a campfire site on the south shore of the Lake Lortikkalampi,
- Kalalahti: a campfire site and lean-to shelter
- Renusaari: a campfire site and lean-to shelter
When the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect, fire lighting is allowed only in the built fireplace of the cooking shelter in Kannuslahti. Check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi).
- There is a well at Heretty cabin, the water has been tested and suitable for drinking.
- Surface water, such as water from lakes, rivers and brooks should be boiled before drinking, because the quality of the water varies in different areas.
- There are no waste-bins in the area. Measures should be taken in advance to avoid taking unnecessary waste into the area. Biodegradable waste should be placed in a dry toilet and small amounts of clean paper and cardboard can be used as kindling in a campfire.
- There is a recycling point in Heretty behind the horse stable.
- Read more about Hiking without Littering.
There is a dry toilet at each campfire site. In addition, there are dry toilets at parking areas of Heretty and Huhtala.
Camping and Lean-to Shelters
Camping out temporarily is allowed at the tent sites, in the lean-to shelters and in the vicinity of the campfire sites.
- The tent sites and lean-to shelters are situated in Kuorejärvi, Vahterjärvi, Kalalahti and Renusaari.
- The other campfire sites are situated in Kannuslahti and on the south shore of Lake Lortikkalampi.
- Lortikka and Luutsaari rental huts. Bookings via Metsähallitus, Tel. int. +358 206 92 424 from monday to friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Heretty Rental Huts 1 and 2
Caravan tourists can stay at Heretty parking area, but there are no special services.
Heretty cafe and other nationalpark's partner enterprises rent row boats, canoes, kayaks, hiking equipment and packrafts.
Services for the Disabled
There is an accessible dry toilet in Heretty. In Kannuslahti there is accessible cooking shelter and campfire place.
Services for Boaters
There is a parking area and boat launching place in Nokipohja, North-West to Huhtala croft. In Kalalahti and Renusaari there are canoe jetties.
Other Services in the Surrounding Area
The nearest banks, post offices, health centres, pharmacies and petrol stations can be found in the municipalities of Länkipohja (langelmaki.fi, in Finnish), 14 km, and Kuhmoinen (kuhmoinen.fi, in Finnish), 17 km.