In addition to boulder-covered and rocky shores, the island has lush herb-rich forests, dry meadows and mire meadows. Isokari lighthouse is the second tallest lighthouse in Finland. Read more about the Isokari Island.
Kustavi, N 60° 43,24', E 21° 01,90'
Directions and maps
- The nearest port accessible by car is Pakkahuone guest harbour, Uusikaupunki
- Topographic map 1:50 000 L324 Uusikaupunki
- Basic map 1:25 000 L3241 Isokari
Services in Isokari
- The eastern pier is for guests
- Buoy mooring
- Depth 2.2–2.8 m.
- The depth of the southern pier is more than 4.2 m.
- Accommodation (kuuskajaskari.fi, in finnish)
- Barracks restaurant
- Nature trails
- Birdwatching tower
Trips to Isokari
- Water bus (raumansaaristokuljetus.fi)
- Metsähallitus' partner companies offer boat trips to Isokari on request.
- Lighting any campfires is strictly forhibited if the forest fire warning or the grass fire warning is in effect. Always check the current warnings (en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi). This prohibition does not apply to cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue. There are no cooking shelters or other fireplaces with a flue on the island.
- You have to bring your own drinking water
- Pets must be kept on a leash when moving around the island.
- Keep to the trails during the period 1.5 – 15.7 in order not to disturb the birdlife during the nesting season.
- Read more about mobile phone coverage (112.fi).
- Protecting yourself against ticks and insects
- Check which fishing licenses you need (eraluvat.fi).
112 Emergency Number
If you have an emergency during your trip, such as getting lost, injured or finding a wildfire, call 112. Read more detailed emergency instructions.
Download the 112 Finland application (112.fi) to your phone. When an emergency call is made through the 112 Finland application, the emergency centre attendant is automatically informed of the caller's location.
It is recommended to keep the mobile phone warm and to bring extra food and water with you. There are many excursion locations with no mobile coverage and some mobile phones does not work in sub-zero temperatures, that is why it is always a good idea to let someone know about your itinerary and timetable.