Nordkalott Trail Route Description
Nordkalott Trail is made-up of several old trails and new barely travelled trails.
- In Finland the trail is marked with white 40-cm-high wooden poles which have orange tops.
- In Norway the trail is marked on stones with paint signs.
- In Sweden the trail is marked with red crosses and signs with route symbols.
Nordkalott Trail can be hiked in sections.
- Kilpisjärvi - Kautokeino, about 190 km (or alternatively Kilpisjärvi - Halti - Kilpisjärvi, about 108 km)
- Kilpisjärvi - Abisko, about 190 km
- Abisko - Staddajåkka - Kvikkjokk, 394 km or alternatively Abisko - Staddajåkka - Sulitjelma, 329 km