Laajalahti Nature Reserve is located in close vicinity of Ring Road 1 and Turunväylä main road.
- There are signs to the parking area at Villa Elfvik which is at the north end of the nature reserve on Ring Road 1 to the south of Turunväylä main road.
- At Otaniemi at the south end of the nature reserve there is no parking area.
For more detailed parking area addresses, please see below under Starting Points for Excursions.
By Public Transportation
- The north end of Laajalahti Nature Reserve is easily accessible by public transportation. It is about a 1 km walk from the closest bus stops to Villa Elfvik.
- Local buses which travel on Ring Road 1 are 550 and 555 (www.hsl.fi).
- Local bus which travel on Turunväylä is 213 (www.hsl.fi).
- If you are going to Otaniemi at the south end of the nature reserve it is easiest to take Metro (www.hsl.fi) from Helsinki or Tapiola.
- HSL transportation route guide (reittiopas.fi)
- Journey.fi provides information on public transportation to Laajalahti (www.journey.fi)
Starting Points for Excursions
- The nature reserves only parking area is located at the north end of the reserve by Elfvikintie road (Espoo).
- More precise parking area address is not available.
- Starting Points for Trails
Laajalahti Nature Reserve is quite small and the trails in the area are well-marked. The area's brochure is often guide enough to find ones way around.
- Terrain map L413, 1:50 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Maastokartta: Terrain map no 2034 03, 1: 20 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and the National Land Survey of Finland.
- Helsinki area telephone book map 50 - Boxes DC and DD, 77 and 78.
- Uusimaa tiekartta: Uusimaa Road Map, 1:150 000, 2011. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- GT tiekartta Etelä-Suomi: GT Roadmap Finland South, 2010, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
Map Sales Points