Pyhä-Luosto Trail Directions and Maps
Because of the coronavirus, safe distances should be kept even in nature, and thorough hand hygiene should be followed at huts, campfire sites and after using the toilet. Metsähallitus' policies and guidelines will be updated as the general corona guidelines become more specific. Check our website for the current situation: www.nationalparks.fi/coronavirusguidelines.
- Drive along Highway no. 4 from the village of Torvinen for about 6.7 km towards Sodankylä and turn to right onto the forest road. At the crossroads, you will see the brown-and-white signpost "Pyhä-Luosto".
- There is no designated parking area by the forest road, so when parking, please ensure that your car will not block other traffic.
- From Highway no. 4 between Rovaniemi and Sodankylä by Torvinen, road no. 962 turns towards Pyhä-Luosto.
- From Highway no. 4 by the village of Aska, road no. 19746 turns towards Alakitinen, which also leads to Pyhä-Luosto.
- From Highway no. 5 between Kemijärvi and Pelkosenniemi by Vuostimo, road no. 962 turns towards Pyhä-Luosto.
- You can park your car in the parking area by the Luosto downhill skiing slopes or by Hotel Pyhätunturi, or in the Rykimäkero or Luostonloma parking area by Pyhä-Luosto Road (no. 962).
- Driving instructions to the Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava.
- There is a coach connection (www.matkahuolto.fi) on the Rovaniemi - Sodankylä route to the Käyräsvaara starting point, which is situated by Highway no. 4.
- From the trains and planes arriving in Rovaniemi and Kemijärvi, there is a coach connection (www.matkahuolto.fi) to Pyhä-Luosto. A coach (pyha.fi) operates between the Pyhä and Luosto Fell Centres daily, and several times a day in winter.
- Pyhä Luosto, vedenkestävä ulkoilukartta, water resistant outdoor map 1:25 000, Karttakeskus 2020. You can buy the map at the Pyhä-Luosto Nature Centre Naava, Karttakeskus, the National Land Survey of Finland and well-stocked bookshops.
- Pyhä Luosto -tunturikartta, vedenkestävä: Pyhä-Luosto fell map, water resistant, 1:25 000, Calazo 2018. Maps can be bought eg. from Calazzo and at the Pyhä-Luosto Nature Centre Naava.
- Pyhä-Luosto Geological outdoor map, 1:50 000, GTK 2007. You can buy the map at the Pyhä-Luosto Visitor Centre Naava.
- Maastokartat: Terrain maps, U433 Luosto, U511 Pelkosenniemi, T522 Tapionniemi, 1:50 000, Karttakeskus 2007. The maps are sold by the Pyhä-Luosto Nature Centre Naava, Karttakeskus, the National Land Survey of Finland, and by well-stocked bookstores.
- Retkeily GT Pohjois-Suomi: Outdoor GT map Northern Finland, 2016, 1:400 000. The map is sold by Karttakeskus and by well-stocked bookstores.