Huts in Western Finland
How to Use Huts
- Guidelines on using Day Trip Huts
- Guidelines on using Open Wilderness Huts
- Guidelines on using Rental Huts
- As a rule it is allowed to bring pets in the huts in Western Finland but only in case that other visitors agree with it.
Archipelago National Park
Helvetinjärvi National Park
Isojärvi National Park
Kurjenrahka National Park
Kvarken Archipelago Nature Reserve
- Björkören Rental Hut
- Mikkelinsaaret Nature Information Station
- Mässkär Nature Information Station
- Rönnskär Rental Huts
- Sommarö Rental Hut
- Vargis Open Wilderness Hut
Lauhanvuori National Park
Peuran polku Trail
Teijo National Park
Nationalparks.fi website gives information on Metsähallitus rental huts, open wilderness huts, reservable wilderness huts, day trip huts and turf huts.
There are fire alarms at wilderness huts, but we recommend to bring a 9 V battery and/or your own travel fire alarm with you.
Information for Companies and Big Groups
Do you plan to organize guided excursions to the Finnish National Parks or other protected areas? It is possible due to partnership agreement with Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland.
- Principles of Sustainable Tourism (metsa.fi)
- Sustainable Tourism in Protected areas in Finland (pdf 3,96 Mt, julkaisut.metsa.fi)
- Please, contact kirjaamo(at)metsa.fi