Things to Do and See in Syöte Visitor Centre
- Your nature with love exhibition presents the natural features of Syöte National Park.
- Temporary exhibitions change roughly every three months.
Guided Group Tours
Please book guided tours in advance. Guided tours cost 50€/hour/group. The sessions are free of charge for groups of day care children, pupils and students.
Indoors and at the 'Your nature with love' Exhibition
- Exhibition tour
- Suitable for all ages.
- The tour includes a showing of the films Syöte National Park – Forest Wilderness as well as Life in a Forest Cabin.
- Duration about 1 hour.
- Navigation with the help of photographs
- Suitable for pupils. A fun and educational way to explore the exhibition.
- Duration about 0.5 hour.
- The Red-Flanked Bluetail's Hobby Crafts Session
- The participants use recycled and natural materials to make seasonally relevant items.
- Duration 0.5-2 hours.
- Naavaparta Trail
- A guided excursion along the Naavaparta Trail. The participants explore the natural features and species by familiarising themselves with the tales of Naavaparta ("the bearded old man"). You can stop for a snack break at Annintupa Day Trip Hut. The excursion can also be made in winter.
- Length 3 km, duration 2-3 hours.
- Korpikolvan polku Trail
- A guided excursion along the Korpikolvan polku Trail. The participants explore the life of stationary birds in the ancient forests of Syöte. A snack break can be taken by the visitor centre's lean-to shelter, where the trail ends.
- Length 0.5 km, duration 0.5-1 hours.
- In the Home Forest of Pytho kolwensis
- On this excursion, nature is explored by using different senses: watching, listening and smelling.
- Carrying out tasks involving nature and the environment in the home forest of the Siberian flying squirrel: a terrain-map game, natural shades of colour and looking at the forest through a small magnifying glass.
- Duration 0.5-3 hours.
- The Siberian Flying Squirrel's Frisbee Golf Competition
- The participants do the frisbee golf course and, at the same time, explore the natural features of Syöte National Park by carrying out some tasks.
- Length 2 km, duration 2-3 hours.
- Children's film festival weeks during the schools' annual skiing and autumn holidays.
A Play Corner for Children
The children's play corner has nature-themed books, games and tasks for children. School-aged children can also navigate the exhibition with the help of photographs.
Trails Connecting the Visitor Centre
- The Korpikolvan polku Nature Trail circles the visitor centre (0.5 km). The trail ends by the lean-to shelter in the visitor centre's yard.
- You can set off for the Naavaparran polku Nature Trail (a 3-km circular trail) from the visitor centre.
1. Respect nature.
2. Mainly use marked trails.
3. Camp only where it is allowed.
4. Light your campfire only where it is allowed.
5. Do not litter.