Things to Do and See in Syöte Visitor Centre
- The Tales from the Backwoods exhibition presents the natural features and history of Syöte National Park.
- Temporary exhibitions change roughly every three months.
Guided Group Tours
Please book guided tours in advance. Guided tours cost 50€/hour/group. The sessions are free of charge for groups of day care children, pupils and students.
Indoors and at the Tales from the Backwoods Exhibition
- Exhibition tour guided by Maija or Reete from the Rytivaara Crown Tenant Farm
- Suitable for all ages.
- The tour includes a showing of the films Syöte National Park – Forest Wilderness as well as Life in a Forest Cabin.
- Duration about 1 hour.
- Navigation with the help of photographs
- Suitable for pupils. A fun and educational way to explore the exhibition.
- Duration about 0.5 hour.
- The Red-Flanked Bluetail's Hobby Crafts Session
- The participants use recycled and natural materials to make seasonally relevant items.
- Duration 0.5-2 hours.
- Naavaparta Trail
- A guided excursion along the Naavaparta Trail. The participants explore the natural features and species by familiarising themselves with the tales of Naavaparta ("the bearded old man"). You can stop for a snack break at Annintupa Day Trip Hut. The excursion can also be made in winter.
- Length 3 km, duration 2-3 hours.
- Salojen siivekkäät Trail
- A guided excursion along the Salojen siivekkäät ("Wingbeats in the wilderness") Trail. The participants explore the life of stationary birds in the ancient forests of Syöte. A snack break can be taken by the visitor centre's lean-to shelter, where the trail ends.
- Length 0.5 km, duration 0.5-1 hours.
- In the Home Forest of Pytho kolwensis
- On this excursion, nature is explored by using different senses: watching, listening and smelling.
- Carrying out tasks involving nature and the environment in the home forest of the Siberian flying squirrel: a terrain-map game, natural shades of colour and looking at the forest through a small magnifying glass.
- Duration 0.5-3 hours.
- The Siberian Flying Squirrel's Frisbee Golf Competition
- The participants do the frisbee golf course and, at the same time, explore the natural features of Syöte National Park by carrying out some tasks.
- Length 2 km, duration 2-3 hours.
- Children's film festival weeks during the schools' annual skiing and autumn holidays.
A Play Corner for Children
The children's play corner has nature-themed books, games and tasks for children. At the Tales from the Backwoods exhibition, you can help Pekka Pöllö the owl find his lost friends. School-aged children can also navigate the exhibition with the help of photographs.