Siikalahti is located on the eastside of main road 6.
Siikalahti is located about 3 km from the centre of Parikkala. Turn off of main road 6 (Lappeenranta - Joensuu) at the Kaukola turn-off. Siikalahti parking area is located by the road. Siikalahti Nature Information Hut is 200 metres from Siikalahti parking area. 300 metres towards Kaukola from Siikalahti parking area there is another parking area meant for the disabled.
By Public Transportation
It is possible to get to Parikkala by both coach (www.matkahuolto.fi) and train (www.vr.fi). The coach and railway stations are about 4 km from Siikalahti. Parikkala is located 60 km from Savonlinna.
Starting Points for Excursions
- Siikalahti parking area is the starting point for the 1-km-long nature trail, which leads to the area's bird watching tower.
- There is a lookout platform next to Kaukola parking area, which is accessible by wheelchair.
- The parking areas and nature trail at Siikalahti are not maintained during winter.
- Terrain Map M541, 1:50 000. The map is sold by the National Land Survey of Finland and Karttakeskus.
- Parikkalan retkeilykartta: Parikkala Hiking Route Map, Location Map 1:75 000. The map is sold at the Parikkala municipal office or at Saimaa Nature Centre Riihisaari in the town of Savonlinna.
- Peruskarttalehdet: Basic terrain map nos 4123 04 and 06, 1:20 000. The maps are sold by the National Land Survey of Finland, Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- GT tiekartta Itä-Suomi: GT Roadmap Finland East, 2010, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
- GT tiekartta Etelä-Suomi: GT Roadmap Finland South, 2010, 1:250 000. The maps are sold by Karttakeskus and well-stocked bookstores.
Map Sales Points